Animate Your Ideas, Design Better AppsPrinciple makes it easy to create animated and interactive user interface designs. Whether you're designing the flow of a multi-screen app, or new interactions and animations, Principle lets you create designs that look and feel amazing.
Built for the Biggest Imaginations
There are a lot of things you might want to design: a short animation, a slick interaction, or an extensive multiple screen app. No matter what you're doing, you can do it with Principle.
Principle's timeline makes it quick work to illustrate the perfect bounce, ease, and pop.
Want to design a totally new interaction? Principle gives you the freedom to experiment without limiting you to pre-defined transitions.
It's a breeze to design the flow of a multi-screen app; and when you're done you'll have a bird's-eye view of all your screens.
Totally New, Yet Immediately Familiar
With artboards, magic animations and a timeline, using Principle will give you Déjà vu.
Touch Your Designs
Principle Mirror lets you interact with your design instantly on device or view designs that others have sent you.
Lights. Camera. Interaction.
Showing your designs has never been simpler with the record feature: Export a video or an animated gif that can be shared on Dribbble, Twitter, and wherever else you'd like!
Built for OS X
Principle is powered by Core Animation, the hardware-accelerated animation engine that iOS and OS X are built on. It also includes the Mac features you love: Full-screen mode, a Retina interface, and Auto Save — so you'll feel right at home.
Design For Any Size
Choose a device preset or enter a custom Artboard size. Whether it's web, desktop, mobile, or watch — you're set!
What's New:Version 4.0:
Rewritten Video & Gif Export:
- Export high quality recordings in Apple ProRes 4444
- Apple ProRes 4444 exports support transparency
- Gifs now support transparency
- Exported Gif files are much smaller
- Resolution of exported video can now be set, just like gifs
- Exported Gif frame rate can be changed to save file size
- The cursor in recordings is now correctly sized relative to the prototype
- Cursor can be changed after recording is made
- Export recordings that are larger than your monitor
- Preview window no longer goes fullscreen when recording starts
- Export multiple versions of the same recording
- There is no longer a delay between clicking record and the recording starting
- Exported video and gif colors are more accurate
- Improved color palette generation for gifs
- Fixed bug causing 1 pixel edges to appear in recorded videos and gifs
- Fixed bug causing cursor to be incorrect in recording
- Set volume
- Set start time
- Pause video
- Control time with drivers
- Control volume with drivers
- Hold shift to run the preview in slow motion
- Hovering over the animation panel scrubs through the animation
- Create and save custom curve and spring presets
- Redesigned Event Popup
- Events can be created just by clicking the event type, instead of dragging
- You can now scroll and zoom while adding an event
- Auto-scroll in the send-to-parent popup is faster
- Performance improvements for prototypes that use large images
- Fixed Playback hangs when animating to a new artboard that has large images on it
- Improved performance when exporting selection to images
- Improved startup times for prototypes with lots of images
- The Preview highlights interactive layers when you tap on a non-interactive layer
- New insert button that allows you to add a rectangle, circle, rounded rectangle, text, or an artboard
- New toolbar icons
- Layer opacity can be set with keyboard number keys
- New layers are positioned & sized with the mouse
- Tab and shift+tab move between layers when renaming
- Hold cmd+option to drag a layer even if it is covered by other layers
- Button added to editor to bring detached preview window forward
- When nothing is selected, select all will select artboards.
- Text layers are more intelligently sized to fit after changes are made
- Exported files are given better unique names
- Pressing enter to select children is improved when multiple layers are selected
- Fixed corner radius looking bad during some animations
- Better importing of rasterized layers with shadows from sketch
- Delayed text layer animations now animate the width properly
- Improved selection tabbing when multiple layers are selected
- Black and white pattern added on media button to show transparency
- Layer names with unprintable characters will no longer cause sketch import to fail
- Fixed an issue causing top level auto events to prevent auto events within components from working
- Fixed an issue causing Sketch import to remove layers it shouldn't