The gold standard of macOS file transfer apps just drove into the future. Transmit 5 is here. Upload, download, and manage files on tons of servers with an easy, familiar, and powerful UI. It’s quite good.
Transmit now connects to 10 new cloud services, like Backblaze B2, Box, Google Drive, DreamObjects, Dropbox, Microsoft Azure, and Rackspace Cloud Files.
And yes, Transmit still handles the classics — FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, and S3 — better than any. We make complex services drag-and-drop simple.
Transmit 5 now includes Panic Sync, our secure and fast way to sync your sites. (You can learn about Panic Sync here.) And our File Sync feature adds support for local-to-local and remote-to-remote sync, while also giving you more fine-grained control.
We disassembled Transmit’s engine and rebuilt it, again, to significantly boost speed. T5 is better at multithreading and smarter about complex folders. Plus it’s got a new activity view to better focus on what Transmit is doing right now. It’s very fast.
It’s been a very long time since the last major Transmit update, and we had a lot to do. Put simply, almost every corner of Transmit has been improved. Some examples:
- Added support for a future version of macOS
- S3: Credentials stored in the AWS `credentials` file can now be used for authentication, see our support library for more information
- Added Support for the `IdentitiesOnly` directive when using SSH config files
- Improved file browser drop target
- Various UI fixes and improvements
- S3: Updated format of copied object URLs
- S3: Resolved an issue with listing folders when their name contains an ampersand
- Removed non-functional "Open in Terminal" toolbar icon
- German localization fixes
- Title: Transmit 5.8.2
- Developer: PANIC INC.
- Compatibility: macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 32.21 MB