The gold standard of macOS file transfer apps just drove into the future. Transmit 5 is here. Upload, download, and manage files on tons of servers with an easy, familiar, and powerful UI. It’s quite good.
Transmit now connects to 10 new cloud services, like Backblaze B2, Box, Google Drive, DreamObjects, Dropbox, Microsoft Azure, and Rackspace Cloud Files.
And yes, Transmit still handles the classics — FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, and S3 — better than any. We make complex services drag-and-drop simple.
Transmit 5 now includes Panic Sync, our secure and fast way to sync your sites. (You can learn about Panic Sync here.) And our File Sync feature adds support for local-to-local and remote-to-remote sync, while also giving you more fine-grained control.
We disassembled Transmit’s engine and rebuilt it, again, to significantly boost speed. T5 is better at multithreading and smarter about complex folders. Plus it’s got a new activity view to better focus on what Transmit is doing right now. It’s very fast.
It’s been a very long time since the last major Transmit update, and we had a lot to do. Put simply, almost every corner of Transmit has been improved. Some examples:
What's New:Version 5.0:
- Individual file transfers on very fast networks are now up to 20% faster!
- Brought back the Show Hidden Files toolbar button for quick access
- Added larger font size options for file browser text
- Fixed an issue with setting file permissions via VoiceOver
- Improved VoiceOver labels and selection for server creation sheet
- Added support for hidden file extensions
- Fixed an issue with filename preview not updating
- Added support for negative index values
- Counter numbers operations with four or more digits no longer unexpectedly contain comma
- Counter operation type now adds the correct number of digits to the filename
- Properly obtain the file extension when the filename has multiple periods
- Transferring a large number of very small files concurrently no longer causes the UI to lag
- Updating "Transfer up to n files simultaneously" preference no longer requires a reconnection to the server to be applied
- Improved memory usage when uploading to cloud-based protocols
- Backblaze B2: Fixed an issue that prevented transferring files with names containing a comma
- Amazon S3: fixed an issue that prevented recursive permissions from being applied successfully
- .git skip rule no longer prevents the expected files from being transferred after the rule is applied
- Resolved an issue that could prevent navigating back to the server root after initial connection
- Folders no longer report a size of zero when the Inspector is visible
- Added initial support for pseudo-hierarchical folders and directories
- File browser icons now scale with text size
- Local tab no longer shows remote server name after disconnecting
- Restored the ability to view security certificates, now in Servers > Certificate Details…
- "Here’s the plan…" File Sync description now correctly updates when switching sync direction
- Activity queue now displays file count for pending group transfers
- Improvements to Japanese localization
- Restored image dimensions on Quick Look window
- Disclosure triangle direction in the Inspector now matches macOS
- Resolving symlink directory in column view now updates file browser
- Selecting all now highlights correctly in column view
- Transmit no longer performs "Keep-Alive" connections with Crashlytics on startup when analytics are disabled. (Note: No analytics information was sent in this case.)
- Linked Folder Navigation now reliably retains state between launches
- Resolved an issue with Show Invisible Files not working on some FTP servers
- "Open in Terminal" actions no longer fail when remote shell isn’t Bash or ZSH
- Fixed a bug which would prevent certain AppleScripts from working
- Fixed an issue which could prevent connecting to http/s servers using the Authentication Negotiate method
- Fixed an issue which would make Google Drive uploads slower than expected
- Calculating remote size will no longer show -1 if the operation can not be completed
- Title: Transmit 5.0.4
- Developer: PANIC INC.
- Compatibility: macOS 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 70.58 MB