Jettison automatically ejects external disks from your Mac before your computer goes to sleep and remounts them when it wakes.
Simplify those last few seconds when you grab your MacBook and run out the door. Just close the lid and Jettison will automatically eject your backup drive, iPod, or whatever is connected so you can safely unplug it. Say goodbye to "disk was not ejected properly" errors and waking your computer back up because you forgot to eject everything.
Jettison even makes sure that Time Machine backups and file server volumes are properly shut down before they're removed. Your backups and shared files are safe and sound.
What's New:Version 1.8:
- Jettison is now a universal application that runs natively on Apple Silicon.
- Corrected a conflict with Carbon Copy Cloner that could prevent it from mounting disks when it runs during sleep. Special thanks to Mike Bombich for his assistance.
- Jettison will quit iTunes, Music and Photos before the computer goes to sleep, then will relaunch them upon wakeup. This resolves a number of issues that prevent disks from being ejected before sleep.
- Mounting encrypted disks now works more reliably when the password for the disk is stored in your Keychain.
- Fixed an issue that could result in Jettison failing to load its preferences when you restart your Mac.
- Resolved a bug which could prevent Jettison's icon from appearing in the menu bar.
- Fixed problems unmounting and remounting some kinds of network volumes.
- Command+W will now close Jettison's preference window as it should.
- Jettison now ignores VMware shared folders.
- Jettison requires macOS 10.9 or higher.
- Title: Jettison 1.8.2
- Developer: St. Clair Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 6.78 MB