Jettison automatically ejects external disks from your Mac before your computer goes to sleep and remounts them when it wakes.
Simplify those last few seconds when you grab your MacBook and run out the door. Just close the lid and Jettison will automatically eject your backup drive, iPod, or whatever is connected so you can safely unplug it. Say goodbye to "disk was not ejected properly" errors and waking your computer back up because you forgot to eject everything.
Jettison even makes sure that Time Machine backups and file server volumes are properly shut down before they're removed. Your backups and shared files are safe and sound.
What's New:Version 1.6:
- Remounting ejected drives works more reliably.
- Jettison now coordinates between multiple simultaneously logged-in users.
- Jettison offers AppleScript commands to eject and mount disks and to put the computer to sleep.
- When Jettison can't eject a disk, the error dialog includes a button in to save diagnostic information to a file so you can report the problem.
- Jettison will not remount disk images that were mounted as part of a software update.
- A "Check for Updates" menu item lets you manually check for updates.
- APFS special volumes and recovery drives will not be remounted.
- Corrected "drive not found" errors when remounting some disks.
- Eliminated a crash that occurred when the system provided incomplete disk information.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when checking for open files when a disk refuses to eject.
- Title: Jettison 1.6
- Developer: St. Clair Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 5.35 MB