Arq Backup 5.7.8
Arq is super-easy online backup for the Mac. Back up to your own Google Drive storage (15GB free storage), your own Amazon Glacier ($.01/GB per month storage) or S3, or any SFTP server. Arq backs up and faithfully restores all the special metadata of Mac files that other products don't, including resource forks, ACLs, and creator codes.
- Arq works like Time Machine, except you don't have to remember to plug in your external hard drive. Following the initial backup, Arq automatically makes incremental backups every hour, every day, uploading just the files that have changed since your last backup. Arq keeps hourly backups for the past 24 hours, daily backups for the past month, and weekly backups for everything older than a month.
- Arq lets you set a budget for storage, and it automatically drops the oldest backups to keep within the budget.
- Arq backs up everything with no limits. It backs up files of any size, external drives, and network drives.
- Arq compresses and "de-duplicates" your backups, never storing the same file twice in the cloud. Arq encrypts all your backups with a password that never leaves your computer, so no one can read your cloud backups.
- You can back up to multiple "targets". Back up some files to Glacier, some to S3, some to an SFTP server, etc. You can also back up to Amazon, GreenQloud, DreamObjects, Google Cloud Storage, or any other S3-compatible service.
- Switched back to Dropbox V1 API for getting quota information because the V2 API returns incorrect results for some users, resulting in 'not enough space' errors from Arq.
- Fixed an issue with calculating free space at Dropbox.
- Fixed an issue which could object-not-found errors when restoring from Glacier.
- Added a workaround for a date-parsing problem with Dropbox.
- If Google Drive returns the error 'download quota for this file has been exceeded', wait and retry.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an email report to say '0 errors' when in fact there were errors.
- Release Notes for Arq Backup Version 5.7.7