SounceSource lets you adjust your input, output, and sound-effects devices and volume settings in mere moments, right from the menu bar. Enable soft play-thru of input devices to your desired output, so you can hear sound coming in through any microphone or other source. With SoundSource, you get fast access to your Mac's most important audio settings.
- Instant Audio-Device Switching - With just two clicks, you can switch the audio devices your Mac is using for input, output, and even sound effects.
- Fast Volume Control - SoundSource provides easy access to the volume controls for your audio devices as well.
- Audio Play-Thru, Too - SoundSource's Play-Thru window makes it easy to monitor the audio coming from any input device.
- Comprehensive - SoundSource gives you one place to go for all Mac's most important audio controls.
- At Your Fingertips - With SoundSource running in your menu bar, your audio controls are always available.
- Lightweight - When you don't need SoundSource, it stays out of your way
Shortcuts Support Comes to SoundSource
On MacOS 12 (Monterey) and higher, SoundSource now offers a slew of actions in the Shortcuts app. With them, you can automate many different things, including changing device volumes, setting effect presets, toggling effects processing, and much more.
Standard Audio Unit Presets
SoundSource's saved Audio Unit effects presets can now be read by other applications which support Audio Units. As well, SoundSource will now read presets created by any other applications.
Audio Effect Nicknames
It's now possible to give audio effects custom names. This is especially helpful if you're using multiple effects of the same type. Edit the title of each effect and you'll always know exactly what's what.
Improvements in ACE 11.8
The Audio Capture Engine (ACE) has been updated to 11.8.0, with a workaround for issues with FaceTime volume when using the built-in microphone, as well as an improvement in dealing with poorly implemented Audio Units. Tracking of audio devices sample clocks now works better when the device is providing erroneous information, and CPU usage has been reduced.
SoundSource now properly recognizes audio from Stardew Valley, and correctly applies any effects or adjustments.
Improvements have been made for using the “Listento” effect from Audiomovers with SoundSource.
A graphical glitch which could occur when dragging plugin windows has been fixed.
A rare crash which could occur when an application's bundle identifier changes has been corrected.
“Volume Overdrive” now correctly appears at the end of the built-in effects list, not the beginning.
On MacOS 12 (Monterey) and MacOS 11 (Big Sur), visuals in various places throughout the app are now being provided by SF Symbols.
A small change has been made to the wording of the “Super Volume Keys” preference.
SoundSource’s “License” window now subtly shows the application's version number.
Fussy typography improvements have been made to the mailing list sign-up window shown at the fifth launch for new users, as well as the “Release Notes” window shown at the first launch of a new version, which you might be looking at right now!
- Title: SoundSource 5.5.1
- Developer: Rogue Amoeba Software, Inc.
- Compatibility: macOS 10.14 or later
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by HCiSO
- Size: 26.88 MB