Cable-Free Audio Routing for Mac
Suddenly, it's easy to pass audio between applications on your Mac. Create virtual audio devices to take the sound from applications and audio input devices, then send it to audio processing applications. Loopback gives you the power of a high-end studio mixing board, right inside your computer!
A Transit System for Your Audio
Combine Audio Sources
Configuring a virtual audio device from multiple sources is easy. Just add the applications and physical audio devices you want to include to the Audio Sources table to get started.
Your Mac will show Loopback's virtual devices exactly like physical devices. Find them listed among other devices in System Preferences or select them as an input or output in any audio app.
Send Audio Between Apps
Loopback can also create pass-thru devices, which send audio from one app to another. Set the Loopback device as the output in one app and the input in another to make audio flow directly between the applications.
- Major Enhancement: Loopback's audio capture system, powered by Instant On, has been updated to improve audio capture from VMWare Fusion, FaceTime, and Flash running in Safari.
- Bug Fix: The monitoring menu now correctly shows multiple audio devices with identical names.
- Bug Fix: An incompatibility with TouchBar Macs, seen when VoiceOver was on, has been corrected. In addition, the “Add Source” popup menu now properly accepts VoiceOver presses.
- Other: Loopback's Preferences window has been updated to correctly mention anonymous data collection, which assists in future development.
- Other: Loopback now has (extremely) preliminary compatibility with MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra). While we strongly recommend users stick with a fully supported version of MacOS for now, those who are testing High Sierra will now be able to test Loopback as well.
- Other: Loopback now requires MacOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher. If you're still on 10.9, be sure to see our Legacy page.
- Title: Loopback 1.1.3
- Developer: Rogue Amoeba Software, Inc. All
- Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: KG
- Size: 8.44 MB