Your very own secure file sharing tool! Dropshare is a so-called menulet that enables you to easily drag&drop files, folders and anything else to your own server, Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud Files or Google Drive. Once uploaded, the app copies the link to the file to your Mac's clipboard and you're ready to share with anyone you like!
Dropshare supports SCP over SSH, a secure industry standard protocol for file transfers. Uploads to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) or Rackspace Cloud Files are also supported, which both are low-priced file hosting services in the cloud. Compared to other cloud hosted file sharing services, Dropshare directly connects to your very own Amazon S3 bucket or Rackspace Cloud Files container, so there is no third-party involved at all.
Dropshare supports Multiple Connections: You can set up different upload destinations at the same time and switch between them using user-defined keyboard shortcuts!
- No matter if files, folders, text or screenshots - Dropshare uploads every file and data to your selected destination - also from clipboard or other applications like Safari.
Automatic screenshot upload
- Set up your own keyboard shortcuts for fullscreen or selection-based screenshots that'll be uploaded automatically with Dropshare.
- Take & upload Screen Recordings directly with Dropshare, both fullscreen and selection-based recordings are available.
- Easily create access-restricted URLs for your uploads with either a lifetime and/or password.
Beautiful individual landing pages
Choose your URL shortener
- Dropshare supports URL shorteners as well - natively supported URLs (e.g. dsh.re), or configure your very own URL shortener service like bit.ly (for hosted services) or YOURLS (for self-hosted services).
- Synchronize your upload history across all your devices which have Dropshare installed.
1-Click Delete from your server
- Whenever you decide that you no longer want to share a specific file, just use Dropshare to delete it from the upload destination again.
Markdown to HTML
- If enabled, Dropshare automatically converts Markdown files to HTML.
- Dropshare introduces itself to the Mac OS X Services Menu. By doing so, you can perfectly use the tools Mac OS X provides to create e.g. keyboard shortcuts for specific actions.
- Worth to mention, Dropshare works perfectly well in IPv6 environments.
- Introducing support for upload expiry with Dropshare Cloud
- Introducing support for SSL with Dropshare Cloud