CodeRunner lets you edit and run code in 10 different programming languages; it's the essential editor for any programmer. With CodeRunner, it has never been easier to write and test code, run scripts, work with algorithms, or simply experiment with a new coding or scripting language.
- Edit and run code in AppleScript, C, C++, Java, Objective-C, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby or Shell
- Fully-featured editor with syntax highlighting, code completion, color themes, intelligent bracket matching and more
- Editable code presets for new documents eliminates the need to keep writing main methods etc.
- Full encoding support, custom run/compiler flags and more
Note: Running Java code requires Java runtime to be installed on your system. Running C, C++, or Objective-C code requires you to have gcc installed.
- C / C# / C++
- Objective-C / Objective-C++
- Python / Python 3
- Shell script
- Support for the Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro
- Improved state restoration; previously open windows, documents, and associated states are now fully restored between app launches
- New indentation preference makes it easy to set a preferred indentation without modifying each language configuration separately
- Smarter behavior of the tab and backspace keys when dealing with spaces-indentation
- Expanded support for character encodings, and improved automatic detection of encoding when opening documents
- Indentation of wrapped lines in the editor to reduce clutter
- Fixed an issue with debugging using GDB on macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Print now includes syntax highlighting and line numbers
- More neatly organized list of open documents under the Window menu and when right-clicking the Dock icon
- Ability to initiate running of code when right-clicking a tab
- Text find shows the number of occurrences and highlights all results
- Wrap lines preference affects the console in addition to the editor
- Lots of minor improvements and bug fixes