CodeRunner lets you edit and run code in 10 different programming languages; it's the essential editor for any programmer. With CodeRunner, it has never been easier to write and test code, run scripts, work with algorithms, or simply experiment with a new coding or scripting language.
- Edit and run code in AppleScript, C, C++, Java, Objective-C, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby or Shell
- Fully-featured editor with syntax highlighting, code completion, color themes, intelligent bracket matching and more
- Editable code presets for new documents eliminates the need to keep writing main methods etc.
- Full encoding support, custom run/compiler flags and more
Note: Running Java code requires Java runtime to be installed on your system. Running C, C++, or Objective-C code requires you to have gcc installed.
- C / C# / C++
- Objective-C / Objective-C++
- Python / Python 3
- Shell script
- New preference: "Ask to save untitled documents when quitting", used instead of the system-wide setting (which many found confusing).
- New preference to specify where on the tab bar new tabs are inserted.
- Python 3 code completion now gives results for Python 3 and not 2.7.
- Improved formatting of Python code completion documentation snippets.
- White I-beam cursor in the editor and console for improved visibility on dark backgrounds.
- Console text colors are now customizable through themes. These settings can be found at the bottom of any theme's settings list in CodeRunner preferences.
- The console now provides proper support for the r character.
- Instead of displaying "Run Failed" when your code exits with a non-zero exit status, it now shows "Run Ended" and displays the exit status.
- Improved Objective-C code completion.
- The Dock menu now lists open documents and windows.
- Improvements to the contextual menu when right-clicking in the editor.
- The "Go to Folder" keyboard shortcut changed to Command-Option-G, and now provides autocompletion of directory paths.
- Added the ability to compile only (without running) using Command-B.
- Improved compatibility with macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Fixed a lot of bug