PopChar X 8.2.0
PopChar helps you get the most out of your font collection. With its crystal-clear interface, PopChar provides a frustration-free way to access any font's special characters.
- Expanded accessibility - Your Mac includes over 700 fonts, each of which contains thousands of characters -- Why not make them as accessible as possible? PopChar makes it happen.
- Interface advantages - PopChar displays easy-to-analyze tables of characters, giving you an ultra-convenient interface. You can't access most of these characters from your keyboard -- PopChar puts them within your reach.
- Liberating compatibility - No matter what app you are using, PopChar brings snappy simplicity to all font-related tasks. Whether you're working with a word processor or a Web browser, PopChar integrates seamlessly.
- Smarter searching - PopChar's seasoned search capabilities will help you find what you are looking for, whether you need to search for a character by name, identify fonts that contain specific characters, or explore the entire character set of a font.
What's New:Version 8.2:
- [BLOCK bb] in layout descriptions (where bb is the name of a Unicode Block, such as “Basic Latin” or “Cyrillic”) includes all characters from the specified block.
- [FIND ss] in layout descriptions includes all characters that match the search string ss (example: [FIND arrow]).
- [BLOCK-OTHER bb] in layout descriptions includes all characters from the Unicode block bb that are not already present in the layout.
- [OTHER] in layout descriptions includes all remaining characters that are not explicitly defined otherwise.
- When PopChar is not registered with a license key, the message at the top of the window now tells what to do.
- Preview pictures for the “P” placement in PopChar's preferences now reflect the appearance on Sierra and newer.
- New metrics adjustments for 33 fonts.
- Improved vertical spacing of characters to avoid truncation of ornaments that extend beyond the font's bounding box.
- When selecting “Font Preview” or “Sample Text”, PopChar switches to the previously used text template instead of automatically switching to “Custom Sample Text” or “Editable Text”.
- PopChar now correctly remembers the previously set up custom sample text.
- Works around a problem that caused PopChar to hang when trying to find ligatures in certain corrupted fonts.
- Fixes an incorrect definition of the “Warang Citi” Unicode block.
- Fixes a misplaced checkbox in the French version of PopChar's preferences window.
- Internal cleanup of resources that are no longer needed.
- Title: PopChar X 8.2.0
- Developer: Ergonis Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later (compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra)
- Language: English
- Includes: serial
- Size: 5.02 MB