PopChar X 9.2
PopChar helps you get the most out of your font collection. With its crystal-clear interface, PopChar provides a frustration-free way to access any font's special characters.
- Expanded accessibility - Your Mac includes over 700 fonts, each of which contains thousands of characters -- Why not make them as accessible as possible? PopChar makes it happen.
- Interface advantages - PopChar displays easy-to-analyze tables of characters, giving you an ultra-convenient interface. You can't access most of these characters from your keyboard -- PopChar puts them within your reach.
- Liberating compatibility - No matter what app you are using, PopChar brings snappy simplicity to all font-related tasks. Whether you're working with a word processor or a Web browser, PopChar integrates seamlessly.
- Smarter searching - PopChar's seasoned search capabilities will help you find what you are looking for, whether you need to search for a character by name, identify fonts that contain specific characters, or explore the entire character set of a font.
What's New:Version 9.0:
- PopChar is now ready for Big Sur.
- The required minimum system version is now 10.10 (Yosemite).
- Support for Unicode 13.0 (including Emoji 13.0).
- New "Character Info" window with detailed information about any character.
- It is now possible to assign custom names to characters, which can be used in the search field.
- PopChar can now show all the fonts in which a character is available, along with the character's appearance.
- Keyboard equivalents for the context menu items when a character is selected.
- Supports the "Brand New Roman" color font.
- Built-in layout for Emoji 13.0.
- PopChar now knows the names of the characters listed in the "SF Symbols" application.
- Built-in layout "SF Symbols" for the symbols in the "San Francisco" fonts.
- Improved detection of cases where the text presentation of an Emoji character was not yet supported on the current version of macOS.
- Significantly faster type selection in the font list (especially when font names are shown in their own font).
- Improved visibility of the PopChar icon in the translucent menu bar of Big Sur.
- Improved representation of the names in the font list for certain special-purpose fonts.
- Improved handling of keyboard navigation and shortcuts in the character table view.
- Support for system-wide licenses.
- Faster search for PopChar character from Typinator's Quick Search.
- When invoked from Typinator's Quick Search, PopChar now returns only characters that are available in any installed font.
- Metrics adjustments for Apple's new "SF Compact" and "SF Pro" fonts.
- Improved visual feedback for certain operations on the selected character.
- The "corner P" now uses a representation that is easy to see against any background, especially in Big Sur's translucent menu bar.
- Works around a problem where certain hard-wired keyboard shortcuts did not work when the font list was active.
- Fixes a vertical alignment issue when Apple Color Emoji characters were displayed in small sizes.
- Fixes a problem where some context menu commands sometimes did not correctly process the selected character.
- Fixes a problem with horizontally clipped icons in the "San Francisco" fonts.
- Works around a crash caused by incorrect ligature definitions in certain fonts.
- Title: PopChar X 9.2
- Developer: Ergonis Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later (compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra)
- Language: English
- Includes: Serial (block outbound connections)
- Size: 5.32 MB