Typinator turbo-charges your typing productivity.
Type a little. Typinator does the rest.
We've all faced projects that require repetitive typing tasks. With Typinator, you can store commonly used text and images in quick keywords and abbreviations. From email templates to code snippets to website URLs, there's no easier way to recreate repetitive text at a moment's notice.
- Uncomplicated configuration. Quickly and easily create abbreviations and assign replacement text and pictures.
- Simplified migration. If you already use TextExpander, TypeIt4Me, or a similar app, you can migrate to the highly praised Typinator using simple drag-and-drop importation methods.
- Conversion options. Instantly convert currency values, measurement units and more.
- Extensive app compatibility. Your text expansions function in all of your OS X apps with lightning-fast precision.
- When an input form is open, it is now possible to temporarily switch to other windows, for example to copy/paste text into form fields.
- New "quick search" AppleScript command.
- The Home and End keys now jump to the first and last items in lists.
- Typinator now ignores the "backspace before expansion" marker that was used in previous versions of Typinator.
- Improved display of expansions in the Quick Search results.
- Reduces network traffic caused by subscription checks.
- Typinator now automatically detects and cleans up duplicates of subscriptions.
- Improved handling of conflicts between sets shared via Dropbox.
- Works around a conflict with "smart" cut and paste in Tex-Edit Plus, where spaces were inserted in certain expansions.
- The diagnostics report now contains additional information about internal optimization.
- Works around a rare crash when opening the User's Guide from within Typinator.
- Fixes a problem where a pop-up choice with an empty text result was not suggested as the default value at the next invocation.
- Works around an expansion problem with the Vim plug-in in Visual Studio Code.
- Fixes an expansion problem in the mail address field of MailMate.
- Fixes a problem on macOS Sierra, which caused insertion of pictures from the Includes folder to fail.
- Works around a problem that caused incorrect behavior of formatting keystrokes in long plain text expansions for certain target applications.
- Works around a bug in LibreOffice, which fails to pick up Typinator's expansions from the clipboard.
- Works around an issue with leftover abbreviation characters in Coda.