PrefEdit is a utility that allows you to inspect and edit all preference settings for OS X applications. The settings are displayed in a browser and can be edited by simple point-and-click operations. You can also do a full-text search on all settings, or clean up unused entries of applications that have been uninstalled.
PrefEdit can access all preference settings of "well-behaved" Carbon and Cocoa applications. Older Mac applications running in the Classic environment used a totally different system for storing preference settings. The settings of such programs do not appear in PrefEdit.
Warning: If you edit, add, or delete preference values of application programs or the OS X operating system, you should know what you are doing. Inappropriate values can cause serious malfunctions in the system, which could destroy important data or create other unexpected effects.
Release 5.3 (Build 230316)
- Added new feature to hide the column “Managed” in the property list editor.
- Added new feature to temporarily change the time/date mode of date fields when reviewing or editing property lists without the need to modify the corresponding preference setting. This option is available via the context menu of the property list editor.
- Legacy support for macOS 10.14 Mojave and macOS 10.15 Catalina has been removed. The new version requires macOS 11 or later.
- Title: PrefEdit 5.3
- Developer: Marcel Bresink
- Compatibility: macOS 10.14 or later
- Language: English, German
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 9.48 MB