PrefEdit is a utility that allows you to inspect and edit all preference settings for OS X applications. The settings are displayed in a browser and can be edited by simple point-and-click operations. You can also do a full-text search on all settings, or clean up unused entries of applications that have been uninstalled.
PrefEdit can access all preference settings of "well-behaved" Carbon and Cocoa applications. Older Mac applications running in the Classic environment used a totally different system for storing preference settings. The settings of such programs do not appear in PrefEdit.
Warning: If you edit, add, or delete preference values of application programs or the OS X operating system, you should know what you are doing. Inappropriate values can cause serious malfunctions in the system, which could destroy important data or create other unexpected effects.
Release 5.2 (Build 221021)
- Added full support for macOS 13 Ventura.
- The column “Managed” in the property list editor window is now limited in width. This results in a better usability in versions of macOS which don’t restore selected table layouts correctly.
- Title: PrefEdit 5.2
- Developer: Marcel Bresink
- Compatibility: macOS 10.14 or later
- Language: English, German
- Includes: K'ed by HCiSO
- Size: 9.42 MB