PrefEdit is a utility that allows you to inspect and edit all preference settings for OS X applications. The settings are displayed in a browser and can be edited by simple point-and-click operations. You can also do a full-text search on all settings, or clean up unused entries of applications that have been uninstalled.
PrefEdit can access all preference settings of "well-behaved" Carbon and Cocoa applications. Older Mac applications running in the Classic environment used a totally different system for storing preference settings. The settings of such programs do not appear in PrefEdit.
Warning: If you edit, add, or delete preference values of application programs or the OS X operating system, you should know what you are doing. Inappropriate values can cause serious malfunctions in the system, which could destroy important data or create other unexpected effects.
What's New:Version 3.92:
Note: Now requires OS X 10.9 or later.
- Added an assistance mode for product registration.
- Corrected a problem where the application did not automatically activate a license when double-clicking a registration ticket file in the Finder.
- Title: PrefEdit 3.92
- Developer: Marcel Bresink
- Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English, German
- Includes: K'ed by The Shark
- Size: 10.08 MB