PrefEdit is a utility that allows you to inspect and edit all preference settings for OS X applications. The settings are displayed in a browser and can be edited by simple point-and-click operations. You can also do a full-text search on all settings, or clean up unused entries of applications that have been uninstalled.
PrefEdit can access all preference settings of "well-behaved" Carbon and Cocoa applications. Older Mac applications running in the Classic environment used a totally different system for storing preference settings. The settings of such programs do not appear in PrefEdit.
Warning: If you edit, add, or delete preference values of application programs or the OS X operating system, you should know what you are doing. Inappropriate values can cause serious malfunctions in the system, which could destroy important data or create other unexpected effects.
What's New:Version 4.0:
Note: Now requires OS X 10.10 or later.
- This version adds full support for macOS 10.14
- Legacy technology has been removed from the App
- All features related to preference manifest files have been removed. Apple has lost interest in this technology and is no longer actively supporting it
- Title: PrefEdit 4.0
- Developer: Marcel Bresink
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English, German
- Includes: K'ed by The Shark
- Size: 13.39 MB