TinkerTool System 6.5
TinkerTool System 6 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of macOS you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- built-in maintenance features of macOS, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
- extended file operations, not available in the macOS Finder,
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system,
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair macOS in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
- Finder enhancers,
- Cache and font cache cleaners,
- Scripts to create bootable system installer and recovery disks,
- Tools to access hidden preference settings,
- Applications to make objects invisible in the Finder,
- Log file browsers,
- Application uninstallers,
- Single User Mode troubleshooting tools,
- Spell-checker dictionary editors,
- and many others.
What's New:Version 6.5 (Build 190611)
- Major architectural changes have been implemented that make it possible to make many long running operations interruptible.
- Added operating system setting for full protection against the “ZombieLoad” attack (Micro-Architectural Data Sampling Vulnerabilities). This setting can only be changed while System Integrity Protection is off.
- Added operating system setting to disable support of the assistant for Captive Networks (automatic configuration of access to “hotspots”).
- Added new feature to automatically repair a specific damage of the Trash caused by third-party applications. This feature has no permanent user interface, but will be activated on demand during startup of the application if necessary.
- The system setting to optimize the operational parameters for use as server computer can now be activated even if macOS Server is not installed.
- Fixed a rare issue where the autostart settings of third-party services could not be determined correctly if the affected executable had unusual permission settings.
- Corrected a problem where new system services that have recently been added to macOS Mojave have not been shown as Apple-provided autostart component.
- Added preliminary support for future versions of macOS.
- Title: TinkerTool System 6.5
- Developer: Marcel Bresink
- Compatibility: macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 24.59 MB