TinkerTool System 6.82
TinkerTool System 6 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of macOS you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- built-in maintenance features of macOS, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
- extended file operations, not available in the macOS Finder,
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system,
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair macOS in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
- Finder enhancers,
- Cache and font cache cleaners,
- Scripts to create bootable system installer and recovery disks,
- Tools to access hidden preference settings,
- Applications to make objects invisible in the Finder,
- Log file browsers,
- Application uninstallers,
- Single User Mode troubleshooting tools,
- Spell-checker dictionary editors,
- and many others.
What's New:Version 6.82 (Build 191114)
- The check for slow system startup due to cleared NVRAM settings was modified in order not to cause false alarms on specific Mac Pro models.
- The check for correct communication with the security component was modified in order not to cause false alarms when the application was launched under extreme overload conditions.
- Added a fix for an issue with macOS 10.15.1 that could cause the warning for a missing user-based approval for full disk access not to be shown under specific conditions.
- Added a fix for an issue that could cause volumes with HFS+ format not to be offered for specific features of the System pane.
- Clarified the meaning of the “dark wake” startup option in the user interface and in the reference manual.
- Title: TinkerTool System 6.82
- Developer: Marcel Bresink
- Compatibility: macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 27.73 MB