TinkerTool System 6.7
TinkerTool System 6 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of macOS you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- built-in maintenance features of macOS, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
- extended file operations, not available in the macOS Finder,
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system,
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair macOS in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
- Finder enhancers,
- Cache and font cache cleaners,
- Scripts to create bootable system installer and recovery disks,
- Tools to access hidden preference settings,
- Applications to make objects invisible in the Finder,
- Log file browsers,
- Application uninstallers,
- Single User Mode troubleshooting tools,
- Spell-checker dictionary editors,
- and many others.
What's New:Version 6.7 (Build 190916)
- Added new feature to resize disk images (DMG files), hereby avoiding the flaws of Disk Utility.
- Added further support for future versions of macOS.
- The standalone version of TinkerTool System (tts in Single User mode) has been rewritten completely. The new “TinkerTool System for Recovery Mode” (ttsfrm) supersedes the previous emergency utility. This leads to the following advantages:
- Compatibility with present and future versions of macOS is improved, because Single User mode is no longer officially supported by Apple.
- For Macs with T2 security chip, it will no longer be necessary to change the security settings.
- Issues with keyboard debouncing on certain Mac models are avoided.
- Apple’s Single User mode terminal is avoided, so readability on systems with Retina screens is fully restored.
- The emergency tool can now use the full character set and a graphical user interface.
- Separate, proactive installation steps for the emergency tool are no longer necessary.
- A graphical interface to disable or enable System Integrity Protection has been added to the emergency tool. The following features no longer make sense in macOS Recovery Mode and have been removed: file system check for the system volume, deleting Input Managers, rebuilding XPC caches, self-removal.
- The feature to create macOS installation media now accepts destination volumes which have slightly less than 8 GB of storage. This takes into account that Apple’s installer is based on working with volumes (not disks) whose formatted capacity can be significantly lower than that of the physical storage device.
- Title: TinkerTool System 6.7
- Developer: Marcel Bresink
- Compatibility: macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by The Shark
- Size: 32.61 MB