TinkerTool System 6.0
TinkerTool System 6 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of macOS you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- built-in maintenance features of macOS, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
- extended file operations, not available in the macOS Finder,
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system,
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair macOS in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
- Finder enhancers,
- Cache and font cache cleaners,
- Scripts to create bootable system installer and recovery disks,
- Tools to access hidden preference settings,
- Applications to make objects invisible in the Finder,
- Log file browsers,
- Application uninstallers,
- Single User Mode troubleshooting tools,
- Spell-checker dictionary editors,
- and many others.
What's New:Version 6.0 (Build 180918)
- Added full support for macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Added new log type for slow application response to the feature to review classic system logs.
- Added new log type for slow shutdowns to the feature to review classic system logs.
- Added other new log types to the respective category in the log overview menu.
- Hundreds of other small changes and adjustments for macOS Mojave.
- The following features have been removed because they are no longer part of macOS Mojave, no longer make sense, or have been superseded by new macOS features: removing language support packages, validating login items, enforced Trash removal, repairing Safari font issues, repairing App Store licenses, enabling support for external accounts on the login screen, disabling support for text mode console login, temporary removal of swap files.
- The following features have moved to new locations: removal of Recent Items (User pane), reset of privacy settings (Applications pane).
- Title: TinkerTool System 6.0
- Developer: Marcel Bresink
- Compatibility: macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by The Shark
- Size: 30.41 MB