EagleFiler makes managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a standard three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
- With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
- EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
- Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
- Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
- View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, and a snippet collector. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It's the most flexible tool on your Mac.
- For new libraries created on macOS 10.12 or later, EagleFiler uses a different set of tag abbreviation symbols that are better suited for the Sierra fonts. You can use the Tag Abbreviation Style AppleScript to change the symbols in a pre-existing library and to switch between different sets of symbols.
- EagleFiler now supports the Touch Bar.
- Revised the toolbar icons for Unread and Read with a bullet and checkmark to make them more clear.
- Worked around a bug in macOS 10.12 that caused resizing glitches when using tabbed windows.
- The text inspector bar is once again available, thanks to a crashing bug fix in macOS 10.12.2.
- When you’re editing a file in the record viewer, EagleFiler now auto-saves it every minute, rather than only when you change windows or apps.
- SOHO Notes is no longer being developed, but you can import folders or individual notes from it by dragging and dropping them onto EagleFiler’s Dock icon or into one of your EagleFiler library windows. SOHO Notes customers can get a discount on switching to EagleFiler by e-mailing proof of their purchase.
- The new Save Diagnostic Report… command in the Help menu provides an easier way of recording error logs and other information to send to technical support (requires macOS 10.12).
- Added some esoteric preferences for changing the colors EagleFiler uses for displaying plain text files.
- Added NewPlainTextExtension to the esoteric preferences, which lets you change the extension of new plain text files that EagleFiler creates on your behalf. For example, you could change it from the default txt to md to create Markdown files.
- Added DefaultWebEncoding to the esoteric preferences.
- Work around various font metrics issues in macOS 10.12 to make tag abbreviation symbols display properly in the source list and records list.
- Enlarged the triangle in the table column pop-up menus.
- Improved the error logging on macOS 10.12.
- Fixed a bug where the Open With menu did not show all of the available applications for file types that some applications claim only by file extension, rather than UTI. For example, you can now open Markdown files with Byword and iA Writer.
- Fixed a bug where window tabbing was allowed for auxiliary windows.
- Fixed drawing glitch that could cause black lines to appear at bottom of the window (macOS 10.12 and later).
- Fixed a bug where files imported from Evernote might not display with the proper encoding.
- Fixed a bug where capturing messages from a local Apple Mail mailbox sometimes didn’t work if your Mac was not running in English.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler could incorrectly log an error about the Mac App Store receipt.
- Updated to Xcode 8.1.
- Updated the German localization.
Improved the following sections of the manual:
- Applications That Support Capture
- How can I access my library from multiple Macs?
- Importing Mail From Apple Mail
- Remember open libraries between launches
- Set Label
- Show Info
- Show Tab Bar
- The To Import Folder