EagleFiler makes managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a standard three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
- With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
- EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
- Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
- Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
- View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, and a snippet collector. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It's the most flexible tool on your Mac.
What's New:Version 1.8.12:
- Improved capturing from MarsEdit. Posts are now imported as HTML instead of plain text, so they preview properly in EagleFiler’s viewer. (This can be overridden by changing the MarsEditCaptureFormat esoteric preference from html to txt.) You can now capture multiple selected posts at once. The filename is now based on the slug, if available, instead of the title. Tags are now preserved. HTML entities in the title, category, or tags are now decoded.
- Worked around a MailTags bug where tags might not be imported from Apple Mail when using a newer version of MailTags, capturing multiple messages at once, and the messages were stored locally.
- The new version of the Hook app has improved support for linking files with EagleFiler. EagleFiler customers can get a 20% discount on Hook with coupon code G11X8-G665N-EFR (good through 2020-02-15).
- Added the note RTF and note HTML scripting properties, which let you get and set the rich text contents of a record’s note.
- Added the Merge Records script, which lets you combine the text of multiple selected records into one.
- Improved the reliability of the MailTags importer.
- Improved the .emlx importer.
- Improved the display of e-mail messages that specify an incorrect text encoding for an HTML part, such as those generated by MailRaider.
- EagleFiler knows about more message attachment file types.
- EagleFiler will now skip importing files that look like Dropbox conflicts of its metadata files.
- Fixed a bug where importing a file whose name begins with a period might not treat it as the proper file type.
- Fixed a bug where contextual menu items would not be properly validated when Control-clicking on selected text in an HTML file or Web archive.
- Fixed a bug where an error loading a .eml file (e.g. because the file is missing) would cause the previously displayed message to be shown rather than an error.
- Fixed a bug where importing a folder when a folder already existed with the same name but different case would cause the newly uniqued folder name to have the wrong case.
- Fixed a bug where a narrow date column could display as empty instead of showing truncated values.
- Fixed a bug where saving a message as a .eml file would fail if the message’s subject contained a NUL character.
- Title: EagleFiler 1.8.12
- Developer: C-Command Software, LLC.
- Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by HCiSO
- Size: 25.63 MB