KeyCue KeyCue has always been a handy tool for learning and remembering keyboard shortcuts. With a simple keystroke or click, KeyCue displays a table with all available keyboard shortcuts, system-wide hotkeys, as well as key combinations for triggering macros in Keyboard Maestro, QuicKeys and iKey. But KeyCue 8.0 contains a bunch of new features that take KeyCue to a whole new level. Gone are the days when KeyCue was nothing more than a menu shortcut viewer.
KeyCue 8 offers a flexible new way to define a wide variety of triggers, which can be combinations of modifier keystrokes and mouse clicks. These triggers can be used to perform different actions, like bringing up the KeyCue sheet for selected types of shortcuts, opening the KeyCue settings window, or other actions.
A completely new action that can be assigned to a trigger is to show a collection of your frequently used URLs. Simply define your own favorite URL collection together with your preferred triggers, and you are ready to use KeyCue for quickly showing a table of your URLs and invoking them with a single click. The mechanism has been designed in a flexible way to support further extensions in the future. So the URL collection is just the beginning of other actions that will be included in future versions of KeyCue.
- See. View available keyboard shortcuts based on application by pressing the Command key.
- Do. Simply type out the desired shortcut upon finding the appropriate action.
- Learn. Develop into an efficient power user by remembering repeated shortcuts or discovering previously unknown actions.
- It is now possible to swap the order of the recent and favorite sections in KeyCue's table of PopChar characters.
- The legend now also explains the symbols for the return and enter keys.
- Works around an issue that resulted in missing menu shortcuts for FileMaker Pro 14 and 15.
- Fixes a problem with certain characters missing from KeyCue's table of PopChar characters.
- Works around a problem where “combining” characters from KeyCue's PopChar table could not be inserted in documents.
- Fixes an problem in KeyCue's settings window, where certain changes to PopChar actions were not permanently saved.
- Fixes an issue that sometimes resulted in a "handsfree table" even when handsfree mode was not enabled.
- Fixes a cosmetic problem with keyboard symbols that were shown in an inappropriate font.
- Fixes a lowercase/uppercase mix in the French version of the legend.
- Fixes a problem with KeyCue's Typinator integration, where input forms triggered by Typinator expansions were blocked by the KeyCue table.