KeyCue KeyCue has always been a handy tool for learning and remembering keyboard shortcuts. With a simple keystroke or click, KeyCue displays a table with all available keyboard shortcuts, system-wide hotkeys, as well as key combinations for triggering macros in Keyboard Maestro, QuicKeys and iKey. But KeyCue 8.0 contains a bunch of new features that take KeyCue to a whole new level. Gone are the days when KeyCue was nothing more than a menu shortcut viewer.
KeyCue 8 offers a flexible new way to define a wide variety of triggers, which can be combinations of modifier keystrokes and mouse clicks. These triggers can be used to perform different actions, like bringing up the KeyCue sheet for selected types of shortcuts, opening the KeyCue settings window, or other actions.
A completely new action that can be assigned to a trigger is to show a collection of your frequently used URLs. Simply define your own favorite URL collection together with your preferred triggers, and you are ready to use KeyCue for quickly showing a table of your URLs and invoking them with a single click. The mechanism has been designed in a flexible way to support further extensions in the future. So the URL collection is just the beginning of other actions that will be included in future versions of KeyCue.
- See. View available keyboard shortcuts based on application by pressing the Command key.
- Do. Simply type out the desired shortcut upon finding the appropriate action.
- Learn. Develop into an efficient power user by remembering repeated shortcuts or discovering previously unknown actions.
What's New:Version 8.6:
- New Tioga theme with light text on dark background
- New version of the Tenaya theme, now with Apple's UI font on OS X 10.10 Yosemite and later
- KeyCue now uses BBEdit instead of TextWrangler as the default editor for theme definitions.
- Optimization of internal Trigger/Action representation, in preparation for future extensions
- KeyCue now always creates the template URL file if it does not exist.
- Faster drawing of themes with gradients
- Avoids unwanted invocation when modifier keys are pressed while moving the mouse
- Fixes an inconsistency in the sort order of themes when multiple theme names begin with the same word
- Cleaned up relics of previous French and German localizations
- Fixes an error that caused update checks via the menu-bar icon to fail
- Fixes an update problem when a previous version of KeyCue was installed in a folder that no longer exists
- Fixes a potential memory leak
- Internal cleanup of gradient-related code that is no longer needed
- Title: KeyCue 8.6
- Developer: Ergonis Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: Serial
- Size: 3.8 MB