TinkerTool System 8.2
TinkerTool System is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of macOS you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- built-in maintenance features of macOS, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
- extended file operations, not available in the macOS Finder,
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system,
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair macOS in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
Together with its sister program TinkerTool which is available at no charge, TinkerTool System is a perfect substitute for the following types of system utilities:
- Finder enhancers,
- Cache and font cache cleaners,
- Scripts to create bootable system installer and recovery disks,
- Tools to access hidden preference settings,
- Applications to make objects invisible in the Finder,
- Log file browsers,
- Application uninstallers,
- Single User Mode troubleshooting tools,
- Spell-checker dictionary editors,
- and many others.
Version 8.2 (Build 230123)
- Added new feature to download IPSW files from Apple. IPSW files can be used to perform a full restore with factory reset in DFU mode on Macs with Apple Silicon.
- Added new feature to clear the message index database of Apple Mail. This is helpful to resolve issues when searching for email messages no longer works correctly and produces incomplete results.
- The currently selected Time Machine backup time interval and encryption mode are no shown on the Time Machine pane.
- The user interface for the Flash Drive status has been redesigned. This allows the Diagnostics pane to be shown with reduced height and resolves issues where some controls were difficult to access on small screens.
- Fixed a layout problem on the pane “User > Repair Defective Settings” for cases where the pane was resized to its minimum.
- Internal changes for features with Internet access, enhancing compatibility with third-party firewalls.
- Title: TinkerTool System 8.2
- Developer: Marcel Bresink
- Compatibility: macOS 11.00 or later
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by HCiSO
- Size: 23.2 MB