TinkerTool System 5.99 S1
TinkerTool System 5 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via "panes", very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- built-in maintenance features of OS X, usually not visible on the graphical user interface;
- extended file operations, not available in the OS X Finder;
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences;
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system;
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair OS X in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged;
- features to protect your privacy, e.g., by reviewing and editing the list of Internet cookies stored for your user account;
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
What's New:Version 5.99 S1 (Build 190327):
- Added new feature to the check of absolute path lengths for deeply nested folders that not only tests existing objects, but additionally checks potential paths that would be created when copying the tested files to currently attached volumes.
- Keyboard control of the Standalone Utility was optimized once again.
- The swap space volume (VM) is no longer offered as possible target for specific operations to avoid confusion.
- A layout issue of the path control that presents the top search folder in the results sheet for overlong paths has been resolved. This avoids that the panel can become wider than the screen.
- Broken symbolic links will no longer stop a propagation operation on the ACL pane, if the feature to propagate an Access Control List is active.
- Title: TinkerTool System 5.99 S1
- Developer: Marcel Bresink
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by The Shark
- Size: 34.26 MB