TinkerTool System 5.62
TinkerTool System 5 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via "panes", very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- built-in maintenance features of OS X, usually not visible on the graphical user interface;
- extended file operations, not available in the OS X Finder;
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences;
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system;
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair OS X in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged;
- features to protect your privacy, e.g., by reviewing and editing the list of Internet cookies stored for your user account;
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
- Added new feature to indicate the release status of the operating system in the Info pane
- Many more features of the application are no longer deactivated when using pre-release versions of macOS High Sierra
- Improved user guidance in the feature to create macOS install media
- The user interface and the option set to repair the system volume from within the Emergency Standalone Utility have been modified to better reflect the behavior of modern macOS versions. An automatic repair of the volume is run if necessary during the start phase. After that, only a verification is possible
- Corrected a problem where under specific circumstances not all volumes were offered as possible candidates in the feature to empty the Trash
- Corrected a problem where the application did not automatically activate a license when double-clicking a registration ticket file in the Finder