TinkerTool System 5.40
TinkerTool System 5 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via "panes", very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- built-in maintenance features of OS X, usually not visible on the graphical user interface;
- extended file operations, not available in the OS X Finder;
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences;
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects ("bugs") in the operating system;
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair OS X in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged;
- features to protect your privacy, e.g., by reviewing and editing the list of Internet cookies stored for your user account;
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
- Added a new network option to control the system setting whether macOS should always prompt the user for a password when reconnecting to a server, even if that password is known in the user’s keychain.
- Added a new startup information feature that evaluates the status of all automatically starting jobs effective for the current user. This helps administrators to detect outdated or invalid entries for startup daemons and agents. The feature is unlocked in demo mode, so it is available to all users for free.
- Added a workaround for a problem where the application canceled its launch when it detected a third-party network interface with an invalid internal name.
- Corrected a problem where some parts of the System Information display have not been shown in the currently selected language of the user interface.