Brave Browser 188.8.131.52
Brave automatically blocks ads and trackers, making it faster and safer than your current browser. Soon, micropayments and better ads will give users and publishers a better deal. Up to a whopping 60% of page-load time is caused by the underlying ad technology that loads into various places each time you hit a page on your favorite news site. And 20% of this is time spent on loading things that are trying to learn more about you.
- Browse Faster - Brave blocks trackers and intrusive ads that can slow you down on the web.
- Browse Safer - Brave keeps you and your information safer, effectively shielding you from 3rd party tracking and malvertisement.
- Browse Better - With Brave, you can choose whether to see ads that respect your privacy or pay sites directly. Either way, you can feel good about helping fund content creators.
- Brave blocks harmful advertising - There's a new ad game in town. It's called "Malvertising". The latest display ad technology can install malware on your laptop without your knowledge. But not with Brave watching your back.
- Brave redirects sites to HTTPS - We've integrated HTTPS Everywhere into every Brave browser to make sure you are always moving your bits across the safest possible pipe.
- Brave blocks tracking pixels and tracking cookies - Do you ever get that feeling that someone is watching you when you see an ad for something you bought a few days ago? We make sure you aren't being tracked while you shop online and browse your favorite sites.
What's New:Version 184.108.40.206:
- Fixed cosmetic scriptlets not being injected in iframes
- The ability to view promotions information on brave://rewards-internals page
- Balance information on brave://rewards-internals to improve rewards debugging
- Ability to import from Chrome while Chrome is still running
- A new proxy endpoint for remote debugging and enabled by default under brave://settings/privacy
- General performance by lazy loading Brave Crypto Wallets
- Privacy by extending farbling protection for several other API surfaces
- Wayback Machine for ".onion" URLs
- Tab hover cards for Windows and Linux by default
- To only send tokens that have not been redeemed during the claim process
- Low resolution favicons on rewards panel and contribution table
- To only add jitter for Brave Ads token redemption when creating the timestamp
- Themes from Chrome Web Store not working when switching between light and dark themes
- Incorrect changelog URL on macOS
- Software update dialog on macOS displaying raw HTML in the release notes box
- Display issue where Brave Rewards and Binance widget menus go off screen on certain window widths
- Assets in the Binance widget summary under the New Tab Page appearing as clickable
- Content under the Crypto Wallets welcome screen not fully visible on smaller window sizes
- Skip button missing on YouTube ads when shields are disabled
- Display issue where clock widget menu goes off the screen on certain window widths
- Removed the Binance widget toggle for Japan and OFAC countries from customize dashboard under the New Tab Page
- Replaced "HTTPS Upgrades" with "Bandwidth saved" under the New Tab Page
- Upgraded Chromium to 83.0.4103.97
- Title: Brave Browser 220.127.116.11
- Developer: Brave Software Inc.
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: Multilangual
- Includes: Free
- Size: 101.45 MB