Brave Browser 1.18.70
Brave automatically blocks ads and trackers, making it faster and safer than your current browser. Soon, micropayments and better ads will give users and publishers a better deal. Up to a whopping 60% of page-load time is caused by the underlying ad technology that loads into various places each time you hit a page on your favorite news site. And 20% of this is time spent on loading things that are trying to learn more about you.
- Browse Faster - Brave blocks trackers and intrusive ads that can slow you down on the web.
- Browse Safer - Brave keeps you and your information safer, effectively shielding you from 3rd party tracking and malvertisement.
- Browse Better - With Brave, you can choose whether to see ads that respect your privacy or pay sites directly. Either way, you can feel good about helping fund content creators.
- Brave blocks harmful advertising - There's a new ad game in town. It's called "Malvertising". The latest display ad technology can install malware on your laptop without your knowledge. But not with Brave watching your back.
- Brave redirects sites to HTTPS - We've integrated HTTPS Everywhere into every Brave browser to make sure you are always moving your bits across the safest possible pipe.
- Brave blocks tracking pixels and tracking cookies - Do you ever get that feeling that someone is watching you when you see an ad for something you bought a few days ago? We make sure you aren't being tracked while you shop online and browse your favorite sites.
What's New:Version 1.18.70:
- Added Brave Today news feed on the New Tab Page. (#12574)
- Added support for day-parting of Brave Ads. (#5234)
- Added P3A metrics for Brave Today. (#12974)
- Added P2A metrics in Brave Ads. (#11060)
- Added Greaselion support for Vimeo creators. (#11465)
- Added setting for "New tab page shows" under brave://settings/newTab. (#2999)
- Added protection against private browsing detection. (#11543)
- [Security] Added privacy notice to Uphold wallet linking modals. (#11431)
- Implemented the ability to remove other devices in a sync chain. (#11232)
- Implemented navigator.deviceMemory farbling. (#12348)
- Implemented Brave Rewards onboarding. (#12138)
- Implemented new panel design for monthly contributions. (#11929)
- Improved the display of custom background images in the Brave Rewards tipping banner. (#12057)
- Improved heuristic for determining first/third-party-ness of ads for default cosmetic filtering. (#1998)
- Improved contrast among tabs. (#8576)
- Enabled Global Privacy Control. (#12875)
- Updated default search engine to Yandex for new installations in certain regions. (#12327)
- Updated Brave Rewards extension to be non-persistent. (#6462)
- Updated error messaging on Brave Rewards tipping banners. (#12224)
- Updated macOS dock icons to be smaller. (#8662)
- Removed redundant rewards setting to address user confusion. (#11467)
- Removed Dapp detection for https://www.nytimes.com. (#12709)
- Fixed Crypto Wallet infobar incorrectly being displayed for Google Calendar and Gmail. (#12942)
- Fixed navigator.userAgent farbling not being applied in workers. (#12230)
- Fixed Canvas farbling in disconnected iframes. (#12303)
- Upgraded Chromium to 87.0.4280.101. (#13081)
- Title: Brave Browser 1.18.70
- Developer: Brave Software Inc.
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: Multilangual
- Includes: Free
- Size: 112.62 MB