Better Blocker 2018.2
Better is a privacy tool for Safari that protects you from trackers and privacy-eroding ads on the web.
Make your web experience safer, lighter, and faster in Safari on Mac.
How is Better different?
- Blocks tracking scripts, tracking pixels, and behavioural advertising.
- Uses our unique, hand-curated, and open tracker database based on our own web crawls. Browse the encyclopaedia-like tracker entries on our web site if you fancy learning more.
- We identify and block the most prevalent trackers. This makes Better’s block list lightweight and effective.
- We base our blocking decisions on the principles of the Ethical Design Manifesto (https://ind.ie/ethical-design).
- Developed and curated by Ind.ie – that’s Laura and Aral – a tiny two-person-and-one-husky not-for-profit striving for social justice in the digital age.
- Open, transparent, and free as in freedom.
- Improves the readability of popular web sites.
- Spotlights the worst offenders… Did you know that the worst site we found on the web had 172 trackers? Better blocks them all and makes that site 4× lighter and 15.8× faster!
- Blocks blocker blockers (try saying that quickly a few times!) Whenever we can, we try to protect you from sites that try to put you at risk by forcing you to turn off your privacy tools.
- Exceptions enable you to turn Better off for sites that don’t play well with Better. Easily contact us about those sites so we can fix the experience for everyone.
What's New:Version 2018.2
- Even simpler interface, consistent with the iOS version.
- Displays version and last update information for blocking rules.
- Exceptions is now called the Do Not Block list.
- Fixes El Capitan crash.
- Comes bundled with the latest blocking rules.
- Title: Better Blocker 2018.2
- Developer: Article 12
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10.5 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 13.19 MB