LaunchBar is an award-winning productivity utility that offers an amazingly intuitive and efficient way to search and access any kind of information stored on your computer or on the Web. It provides instant access to your applications, documents, contacts, and bookmarks, to your music library, to search engines and more, just by entering short abbreviations of the searched item’s name.
You just hit Command-Space to bring LaunchBar’s input window to front, enter an arbitrary abbreviation, and as soon as you start typing LaunchBar displays the best matching choices, ready to be opened immediately.
Start applications, open documents, invoke system services, compose emails, or navigate the Web–LaunchBar will be your essential servant.
What's New:Version 6.13.1:
- Added “Apple Music” search template.
- Improved song metadata shown in the Info Browsing list.
- Improved browsing of Finder tags (via “Tags” indexing rule or category).
- Improved enforcing of subtitle display while pressing the Control-Option-Command modifier keys.
- Showing a message dialog when an action cannot be performed due to missing permission in System Preferences > Security > Privacy > Accessibility.
- Fixed: Sending text to a search template via Send-to or Instant Send didn’t work.
- Fixed: When copying an email address, a mailto-URL was copied instead.
- Fixed: Missing encoding of #-character in web searches.
- Various minor bug fixes.
macOS Big Sur
- Added support for macOS Big Sur.
- Refined the default theme to blend nicely with the new appearance of macOS Big Sur.
- Re-implemented Music Library indexing.
- Added compatibility with Music.app on macOS Catalina.
- Songs and albums are now displayed with their album artwork.
- Updated Music playback actions.
- Improved management of search templates. There’s now a set of built-in, non-editable search templates, which are kept up to date automatically. And there’s another, separate set of “Custom Search Templates” where you can define your own web searches.
- Updated built-in search templates.
- Added “All Music” search template (allmusic.com).
- Added “Ecosia” and “Ecosia Images” search templates (ecosia.org).
- Added German localization of search template names.
- Improved browsing of sub-search results. When browsing “backwards” (with the left arrow key), a previous sub-search result is preserved.
- Improved handling of empty groups in item list.
- Improved automatic display of subtitles in item list during browsing.
- Updated and improved image conversion actions (rotate, flip, resize, compress, etc.). They are now better chainable with subsequent actions – the resulting images can be immediately sent to another action.
- Improved help texts of all built-in actions.
- A brief description of each action is now displayed in the action’s subtitle.
- Updated “Search Dash” action.
- Improvements and bug fixes
- Some significant “under the hood” modernization of the entire codebase.
- Improved conversion of filename extension to lowercase when renaming a file. The conversion is now performed only if the entire extension is uppercase (example: .JPG → .jpg)
- Reorganized sidebar in index window.
- Improved compatibility with third-party apps trying to figure out if screen recording is allowed.
- Fixed an occasional crash when typing a menu keyboard shortcut.
- Fixed an issue when indexing Finder tags which could result in duplicate tags.
- Fixed: Opening jаvascript files in Action Editor opened them in Safari.
- Title: LaunchBar 6.13.1
- Developer: Objective Development Software GmbH
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: Serial
- Size: 16.96 MB