Slide out Notification Center to quickly see key performance data for your Mac, such as CPU, Memory, Disk, Network and Battery. Click the charts to drill down and reveal more details. Click the Network and Disk Icons to view even more data.
Monit Widget is a modest, but ambitious, Notification Center Widget for monitoring your Computer.
Limitations due to AppStore sandboxing and other Known Issues:
- An AppStore App is not allowed to read system sensors (SMC), so we cannot show detailed temperatures and other sensor data such as fan-speed.
- An AppStore App is not allowed to read all processes on the system. This means that the Top-3 App List will not necessarily contain the processes that are currently using the most resources. The List will however show the applications that are using the most resources.
- MONIT will underreport Memory usage for Applications in the Top-3 List that spins of sub-processes which we are not allowed to read. In practice, MONIT is quite accurate given the sandbox restrictions it operates under, but for certain applications it will underreport. If you compare with Activity Monitor, you should compare with "Real Memory" and aggregate memory usage of sub-processes.
- The thermometer uses an Apple API that does not seem to work properly on older Macs. On MacBooks from 2015 and later it appears to work fine.
- The Widget connects to an external host to get your Public IP-address. This is the only reliable way to obtain your address. No data is sent, only read.
- The Top-3 App List shows App CPU usage normalized (0-100%).
- Temperature for your Hard Disk(s) and Battery is displayed according to your settings for Measurement units in System Preferences > Language & Region. If you have selected Metric you get temperature in Celcius otherwise in Fahrenheit.
What's New:Version 2.0
This is a bigger update which brings sensors information to the widget and exact process resource usage. A small Monit Helper program is needed for the cool stuff in this release. The Helper program is free and can be downloaded from our Web-Pages. Here is a summary of changes in this version.
- New: Show CPU and GPU Temperature
- New: Show and animate Fan speed. The fan icon correlates rotation with the physical fan rpm
- New: Report CPU and Memory usage for the top 5 Processes that use most resources.
- New: Show Processes using Disk i/o.
- New: Show Time on Battery since Boot for MacBooks.
- Fixed: Support for both macOS High Sierra 10.13 and Mojave 10.14
- Fixed: UI and DarkMode improvements
- Title: Monit 2.0
- Developer: Tildeslash Norge Ltd
- Compatibility: macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 13.71 MB