Scrutiny 7.3.0 – Web optimization tool suite
Scrutiny 5 is a suite of web optimization tools including link checking, SEO checks, Sitemap generation, page load speed test, html validation. Version 5 is a major update and includes these new features.
- Cleaner 'task based' interface
- Website monitoring of as many urls as you like with alerts on screen or by email, plus written to a log file
- Able to scan pdf documents for links
- Scheduling made easy with a few easy clicks (the old method using iCal will still work)
- On finish of a scheduled or manual scan, Scrutiny 5 can send an email, save a report, open a file or applescript, ftp the sitemap xml and other actions
- Opens and scans a list of links in html, plain text format or xml sitemap (automatically detected)
- Improved page analysis - finds more elements making up a page
- Scan a site for pages containing specific text
- Adds 'Manage Autosaved Data' (access through Tools menu or cmd-5). Window shows all autosaved data, allows sorting, and allows deletion, either move to trash or immediate delete
- For new users, the Autosave feature is on by default.
- Adds disc space check before Autosaving data, and an alert with advice if disc space is low.
Improves insecure content reporting:
- Adds a new table of results - this shows all issues - secure pages which contain links to insecure ones, and pages with mixed content. It's expandable to show the details in all cases. It can be exported to CSV or HTML
- These results (if there are any) are available from the Results Selection screen, and are saved with autosaved / manually saved data
- Links > Filter > http: links and SEO > Pages with mixed content will work as before