Scrutiny 7.1.0 – Web optimization tool suite
Scrutiny 5 is a suite of web optimization tools including link checking, SEO checks, Sitemap generation, page load speed test, html validation. Version 5 is a major update and includes these new features.
- Cleaner 'task based' interface
- Website monitoring of as many urls as you like with alerts on screen or by email, plus written to a log file
- Able to scan pdf documents for links
- Scheduling made easy with a few easy clicks (the old method using iCal will still work)
- On finish of a scheduled or manual scan, Scrutiny 5 can send an email, save a report, open a file or applescript, ftp the sitemap xml and other actions
- Opens and scans a list of links in html, plain text format or xml sitemap (automatically detected)
- Improved page analysis - finds more elements making up a page
- Scan a site for pages containing specific text
- First full launch of Scrutiny 7 - out of beta
- 'Document-based' - have as many windows open as you like to run concurrent scans, view data, configure sites, all at once.
- New UI, includes breadcrumb widget for good indication of where you are, and switching to other screens. Also includes more logical flow - choose to run a scan, then choose how to view your results (Links, SEO, Sitemap, whatever).
- Organise your sites into folders if you choose.
- Autosave now automagically saves data for every scan, giving you easy access to results for any site you've scanned.
- Better protection when disc space is low, scan should stop before catastrophe happens. Each separate scan that's running will give an option to pause or continue regardless, when space on system disc ('/') reaches 750Mb
- Better reporting - summary report looks nicer, full report consists of the summary report plus all the data as csvs