Scrutiny 6.8.4 – Web optimization tool suite
Scrutiny 5 is a suite of web optimization tools including link checking, SEO checks, Sitemap generation, page load speed test, html validation. Version 5 is a major update and includes these new features.
- Cleaner 'task based' interface
- Website monitoring of as many urls as you like with alerts on screen or by email, plus written to a log file
- Able to scan pdf documents for links
- Scheduling made easy with a few easy clicks (the old method using iCal will still work)
- On finish of a scheduled or manual scan, Scrutiny 5 can send an email, save a report, open a file or applescript, ftp the sitemap xml and other actions
- Opens and scans a list of links in html, plain text format or xml sitemap (automatically detected)
- Improved page analysis - finds more elements making up a page
- Scan a site for pages containing specific text
- Improves the responsiveness of the links 'By Link' view, which may have become difficult to use after a long scan.
- Adds some charts - animated the ones near the progress bar while the scan is taking place, fixed the ones on the Links results (piechart) and the SEO results (radar chart). Same charts appear on the Summary report (File > Export > Summary Report).
- Adds checkbox to Preferences - Show charts while scan is running. (On by default, can be switched off).
- Hides setting relating to Wordpress / SEO-friendly URLs, as this is detected automatically
- Trims whitespace that might have accidentally been pasted when adding the site
- Fixes some spurious non-existent links found when hreflang is present within link or a tags
- Fixes bug in the new 'check form actions' button, using this option could cause some pages to be excluded from the sitemap
- A fix to meta http refresh functionality (previously could crash under unlikely circumstances of a link being found on a meta-http-refresh page
- meta refresh now also handled in the redirect trace window.