Scrutiny 6.8.18 – Web optimization tool suite
Scrutiny 5 is a suite of web optimization tools including link checking, SEO checks, Sitemap generation, page load speed test, html validation. Version 5 is a major update and includes these new features.
- Cleaner 'task based' interface
- Website monitoring of as many urls as you like with alerts on screen or by email, plus written to a log file
- Able to scan pdf documents for links
- Scheduling made easy with a few easy clicks (the old method using iCal will still work)
- On finish of a scheduled or manual scan, Scrutiny 5 can send an email, save a report, open a file or applescript, ftp the sitemap xml and other actions
- Opens and scans a list of links in html, plain text format or xml sitemap (automatically detected)
- Improved page analysis - finds more elements making up a page
- Scan a site for pages containing specific text
- Adds 'ignore session ID within querystrings' - allows you to not ignore the whole querystring, but ignore the session ID within it, useful for forums where querystring is important, but session ID's cause crawl not to complete; this is a 'per site' setting and (in version 6) is within the Advanced window
- Fixes obscure problem which occurred when canonical is given as just "http://" or "https://"
- Improvements to archiving in browsable format: handles querystrings and PHP sites (obviously PHP pages will then be html snapshots, not active PHP)