Nimble Commander 1.1.5
Nimble Commander is a free dual-pane file manager designed specifically for Mac. Optimized for efficiency, Nimble Commander provides a blazing performance and momentary user interface feedback. Offering traditional powerful dual-panel manager concepts, Nimble Commander maintains minimalist and clean UI design at the same time.
- Classic tabbed dual-pane interface with different presentation modes: traditional UI and monospaced text-based variant
- Full keyboard access with the fastest way to handle file management tasks
- Nearly instantaneous launch, small memory footprint, and blazing-fast operation
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts
- Background operations processing
- Font and color customization
- Different file panel viewing modes: short, medium, full, and wide
- Instant files searching and filtering by typing
- File editing in editors of your choice, based on file extensions
- File search by name, size, or content
- QuickLook support
- Built-in file attributes editor and file viewer with textual/hexadecimal presentation
- Showing file search results as a file panel
- Lightweight search with Spotlight
- Browsing archives (zip, tar, bz2, gz, pax, cpio, lha, ar, cab, mtree, iso, warc, rar) like folders
- Archives building
- Extended attributes modification
- Powerful batch renaming
- Ability to connect to remote FTP and SFTP servers
- System and volumes information, showing processes list as a folder
- Checksum calculation
Version 1.1.5 :
- Now the Find Files dialog can peek into archives.
- Made various UI improvements to the Find Files dialog.
- Now Internal Viewer can be shown in a separate window.
- Added support for archive handling on any VFS (that is, in other archives, on network filesystems, etc.).
- Added a startup mode setting for external tools.
- Now the terminal shell can be customized. Three shells are supported: bash, zsh, and [t]csh.
- If the shell was terminated (via exit, ^D, etc.), NC can revive it.
- Assigned “Compress Here” to F9, and “Compress to Opposite Panel” to Shift+F9.
- Now the File Already Exists dialog treats a pressed Shift key as an automatic “Apply to All”.
- Now toolbars can be customized.
- Now consequent Ctrl+F6 hits switch the selection between the filename without the extension, the file extension, and the whole filename.
- Added a new customizable hotkey: “Invert current item selection”.
- Batch Rename: Now source items can be removed via the context menu or by using the backspace key.
- Made many other improvements concerning usability, performance, and stability.
- Title: Nimble Commander 1.1.5
- Developer: Michael Kazakov
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English, Russian
- Includes: Pre-K'ed
- Size: 6.78 MB