Rumpus PRO 8.2.5
Rumpus is an easy-to-use, high-performance FTP, WebDAV, and Web file-transfer server.
Key features include built-in, easy-to-administer user accounts, integrated Web file transfers, file upload notification, extensive security options, blazing performance, and more.... Also included is a remote-server activity monitor, Rumpus FileWatch, and a server-statistics widget, RumpusStat.
Rumpus is not only lightning quick, but it's efficient, too. This means that FTP and Web users will be able to transfer and manage files as fast as the network allows, while leaving plenty of CPU time for other applications running on your server or desktop Mac.
Ease Of Use And Maintenance
Rumpus is, quite simply, the easiest FTP server on the planet to set up and administer. From the setup assistant that fully prepares the server to accept users to the logically designed server management windows, Rumpus makes running an FTP server easy.
Web File Manager
In addition to offering an incredibly high-performance FTP server with unmatched ease of use, Rumpus also includes the Web File Manager. The Web File Manager makes it easy to provide FTP-like capabilities to anyone with a Web browser.
Simple User Management
FTP users are managed directly in Rumpus, not in the system, keeping your FTP users distinct from other server resources. Not only does Rumpus make managing users easy, but it gives you advanced controls like individual drop folders, access restrictions, usage limits, account history, and more. The single-window user management interface in Rumpus is also supplemented by Web-based administration, allowing you to define and manage user accounts from anywhere on the Internet.
A Real Mac Application
Rumpus runs natively on any Mac running OS X 10.5 or later. There's no Java required and the memory footprint and CPU usage is tiny. You will also appreciate the comprehensive help pages and articles, that cover not only how to use Rumpus, but networking issues and the general FTP information you need when you have questions.
Professional Technical Support
Maxum has been selling Internet server software for Macs longer than anybody (including Apple!). When you have a question, we're here to help. We believe that you have a right to get the most out of the software you buy, always. So, we offer unlimited, free technical support.
What's New:Rumpus 8.2
- The "Rumplet" application has proven to be very popular, so we've massively expanded on it. Rumpus 8.2 includes a client application "Rumpus Tether" that is designed to run within your organization to give your users quick and easy access to content on the Rumpus server.
- Tether includes 3 basic views, a file browser, a recent files list, and a drop ship listing. Users can upload, download, preview, and delete files on the server with a single click, and can create new drop shipments with more flexibility than previously possible with Rumplet.
- A Rumpus server license will automatically include the ability to run a number of Tether clients (depending on whether the Rumpus server license is Standard or Pro), with additional simultaneous seats available on a per-client basis.
Two Factor Authentication
- Traditionally, users supply a password to gain access to restricted services. The password represents one "factor", but in some cases, it is desirable to have a second method of authenticating a user as well. This is known as "2 factor" authentication.
- The second "factor" supported by Rumpus requires that a personal identification number (PIN) be sent by the server to the user logging in, which they subsequently enter as part of the login process. Rumpus currently directly supports e-mailing the PIN to the user, thus confirming that the user not only knows the correct password, but also has access to the e-mail account associated with the user account in Rumpus.
- Two factor authentication is available for Web File Manager logins, and is configured on the Web Settings window, "Authentication" tab. Also required is correct SMTP setup on the Network Settings window, E-Mail tab, and the e-mail address of every user defined on the User Accounts window. (Rumpus must know the e-mail address of every user, as this is a key component of identifying the user via PIN.)
Other Additions And Changes
- Rumpus 8.2 includes better support for client IP address detection, including discovery of client addresses in SFTP, and in HTTP/HTTPS when the server is behind a proxy.
- User Accounts can now be assigned a phone number, for informational purposes and potentially for text message-based 2 Factor Auth.
- The administrator can now require that drop ship senders assign a password to drop shipments.
- Upload Center forms now offer "robot protection", blocking suspected robots from submitting forms.
- The main control window in the Rumpus for Mac application has been updated to include easy access buttons to Web administration on the server, documentation, and the About Box.
- An "Administrator Advisory" box has been added to the Rumpus control window. The box provides messages about recent activity that the administrator may want to investigate or take note of.
- On the Web File Manager directory listing page, pressing a key now auto-scrolls the listing to the first filename that begins with the pressed letter.
- Password retrieve actions are now correctly recorded in the WFM log.
- OpenSSL has been updated to version 1.0.2p and LibSSH has been updated to version 0.7.7.
- Added support for the FTP "MFMT" command.
- Improved SFTP DoS attack recovery to reduce the effects of potential spambot outages.
- Title: Rumpus PRO 8.2.5
- Developer: Maxum
- Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 29.7 MB