DropSync is for web developers, photo professionals, scientists or anyone in need of a fast, automated and highly customizable way to repeatedly copy files from one place to another. Works with removable hard drives, between computers on a local network and even between your mac and a remote server over SSH.
Setup a pair of folders and easily browse both sides even if one folder is on a remote server (via sftp). Then select items for include/exclude and click to perform an update in the desired direction. Previews show you exactly what will be changed and once you're satisfied that things are working, you can setup DropSync to automatically watch a source folder and update in the background.
Under the hood DropSync uses the amazing rsync tool to perform its changes. This means that its about as fast and memory efficient as a syncing engine can get, and we've worked hard to ensure that DropSync itself will stay responsive even when huge syncs are happening in the background.
- Easily include/exclude subfolders using the built-in browser
- Automated (one-way) syncing when a file changes in the source folder
- Status bar only mode lets you monitor and initiate syncs without opening the main app
- Detailed searchable previews
- An sftp based browser that lets you see and select folders on remote computers
- Custom filters let you include or exclude files based on patterns in filenames
- Browsable history of syncing activity, including detailed logs of every change
- Only transfers the parts of files that have changed for maximum speed over a network
- AppleScript support lets you create custom syncing workflows
- Almost complete support for custom rsync options
- Completely redesigned all aspects of the user interface for simplicity and ease of use
- Most basic rsync options are now accessible via an easy to understand configuration pane
- The app is now fully sandboxed so it cannot touch your files unless you tell it to
- Updating on-the-go documents to a USB stick
- Mirroring a website from a remote host to your local computer or vice-versa
- Web development. Edit files locally and have them automatically and efficiently uploaded to a server
- Duplicating files like photos, music and websites to a second computer, external hard drive or remote server.
- Backing up files to a remote server. Works with any server that supports ssh, sftp and rsync.
- Scientific applications involving large amounts of frequently updated data.
What's New:Version 3.1.5
- Fixes a bug that would result in aborted syncs on macOS versions prior to 10.13
- Title: DropSync 3.1.5
- Developer: Mudflat Software PTY. LTD.
- Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 8.72 MB