OmniGraffle Pro 7.4.1
OmniGraffle Pro helps you draw beautiful diagrams, family trees, flow charts, org charts, layouts, and (mathematically speaking) any other directed or non-directed graphs. We've had people use Graffle to plan plotlines for a story, make an overview of an operating system, show the evolution of computers, and even show how diseases can spread in a closed population. If you want to organize your thoughts, your projects, or even your friends graphically, using boxes and lines, OmniGraffle is your tool.
OmiGraffle Professional has all of the great features in 6.0, plus a powerful toolset for advanced document creation and editing options. For the pro user who's looking for an in-depth diagramming application that's still priced below the competition, you've come to the right place.
What’s in Pro:
- Visio import/export: Open Microsoft Visio® documents (VSD or VDX) directly in OmniGraffle, as well as Visio stencils (VSS) and templates (VST). Export to Visio XML documents (VDX).
- Shared layers: Easily update common elements that you'd like to display on multiple canvases. Layers can now be toggled between a normal and a Shared layer.
- New controls specify which edge or center of an object is reflected in the Geometry Inspector. You can set the X and Y coordinates of a selected vertex point.
- Shape combinations: Easily create new shapes using combinations of existing shapes (with support for union, intersection, and subtraction). Combined shapes can now be uncombined into their component shapes.
- Resolution-independent Display Scale: When zoom is at 100%, match an Apple point, PostScript point, or screen pixel.
- Photoshop export has returned, and supports the export of OmniGraffle layers to Photoshop layers.
- Tables: Group shapes using tables, making it easy to add new rows or columns of your template shape.
What’s New in 7
- Point Editor Tool
- Infinite Canvas
- Artboards & Artboard Layers PRO
- Convert Text to Shapes PRO
- Convert Line to Shape PRO
- Keyboard Shortcut Sets
- Basic SVG Import
- The New Export Panel
- The Unified Sidebar
- Canvas Size Modes: OmniGraffle 7.4 adds three distinct canvas sizing modes: Fixed, Flexible, and Infinite. Fixed lets you define the exact dimensions of your canvas. Flexible lets you select any direction you want the canvas to grow in and only extends your canvas enough to hold all your objects. If you want infinite canvas space there is also a dedicated third Infinite Canvas mode that extends your canvas in all directions regardless of where your objects are.
- Canvas Padding: When using the Flexible mode, OmniGraffle offers a Canvas Padding option to the Canvas Inspector that controls how much extra padding is provided between objects and the edge of the canvas.
- Automation: OmniGraffle now provides cross-platform and cross-application automation via jаvascript. With the tap of a script URL you can programmatically create graphics, create data driven diagrams, or manipulate existing content. For security, you’ll be shown the script and asked if you want to allow the script to run when you click on a script URL. See examples and learn more at omni-automation.com.
- Automation Plug-Ins and Actions (PRO): With Pro you can save bundles of scripts (called plug-ins) for quick access from the Automation menu in a document and call scripts as Actions on objects.
- Automation Console (PRO): Using OmniGraffle’s Automation Console (in the Automation menu) you can write jаvascript directly in OmniGraffle, execute it, and see the results on the canvas.
- Copy from the Stencil Window: Added the ability to copy stencils from the Stencil Window and paste them on the canvas instead of dragging and dropping them on the canvas.
- Presentation Mode: Added limits to panning in Presentation Mode to prevent content from moving off screen.
- Line Endings: The menu of line endings in the Line Inspector now have a label for each type of line ending.
- New Artboard Under Selection: The Make Artboard command has been renamed to New Artboard Under Selection and now wraps the selection exactly instead of rounding to the next whole pixel.
- Keep Tool Active: Fixed a bug preventing the "Keep tool active" preference from working.
- Inspectors: Fixed a bug that caused inspectors that were hidden to show no data when opened and an object was already selected on the canvas.
- Stroke Corners: Fixed a bug that caused stroke corners that aligned with bounding box corners from rendering in the correct stroke corner type.
- Grouped Lines: Fixed a bug that prevented changing line attributes when the line was in a group.
- Fit in Window: Fixed a bug that caused the Fit in Window setting to remain active after changing zoom level.
- Print Canvas on One Page: Fixed a bug that was preventing objects in negative space (above or to the left of the origin) from printing when the "Print canvas on one page" option is enabled.
- Overlapping Artboards: Fixed a bug that caused content on top of two or more overlapping artboards to move unexpectedly when both artboards are moving.
- AppleScript: Fixed a bug that caused the sidebar to refresh too often when adding content via AppleScript.
- Stability: Fixed a crash that would occur when undoing a change to an adjustable star.