Airfoil allows you to send any audio to AirPort Express units, Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs, all in sync! It's your audio - everywhere.
With Airfoil you can take audio from any application and send to your AirPort Express units, as well as Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs running Airfoil Speakers! Transmit audio from RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and other media players. Send audio from web-based applications like Pandora, Last.fm, and other to the AirPort Express. You can even stream audio from audio devices like RadioSHARK, XM and Sirius radios, around your house.
What's New:Version 5.9.0:
An Overhauled Equalizer
Airfoil's built-in Lagutin Equalizer has been substantially improved. It now offers a new sparkline indicator in the Presets menu, as well as improved custom Preset saving and editing. Transitions between presets now animate beautifully as well.
A New “Alerts” Window
Airfoil's new “Alerts” window puts all errors and notices in one place for easy reference, to keep things working smoothly.
MiX16 Track Titles
Track title support has been updated to support all versions of MiX16.
Multiple Track Titles Improvements
The performance of Spotify track title retrieval has been improved using the Scripting Bridge API. Track titles from Audirvana are once again supported. Other track titles have been sped up, including Music (and iTunes), as well as VLC.
Audio Capture Improvements and Fixes With ACE 11.1.5
Airfoil's audio capture, powered by the Audio Capture Engine (ACE), has been updated to 11.1.5. This update offers fixes for capturing audio from Google Chrome's Progressive Web Apps, as well as many backend enhancements including additional fixes for device tracking, and work arounds for issues with Bluetooth.
- Small improvements to the “Advanced Speaker Options” window have been made for VoiceOver users.
- The Balance slider in the Effects window has been made more clear, now filling from the center out.
- Airfoil will now better hide duplicate device entries, caused by devices improperly listing themselves multiple times.
- Devices with changing channel counts now appear correctly in Airfoil's output device selector.
- Airfoil no longer incorrectly grabs both halves of a VoIP conversation. It will now stream only the remote party's audio.
- Airfoil's AppleScript “current-source” selector now works as it should.
- A regression where AppleScript could fail to work as expected has been fixed. Unfortunately, this results in the restoration of a previous bug, seemingly caused by MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) itself, where the application's menu bar menus could fail to respond immediately after launch on Catalina.
- Fixes have been made to properly detect the system theme on MacOS 10.15 (Catalina).
- Error reporting has been improved, with the SSRTSPError now including the speaker name.
- The shortcuts for the “Airfoil” and “Effects” windows have been updated.
- Title: Airfoil 5.9.1
- Developer: Rogue Amoeba
- Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: Serial
- Size: 19.48 MB