HoudahGeo is a one-stop photo geocoding and geotagging solution for OS X. HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP and IPTC geotags to JPEG, RAW, and XMP sidecar files. Just like a GPS-enabled camera, HoudahGeo records latitude, longitude, and altitude information right to your image data file. Don't have a GPS device? No problem! Just drop a pin on the map where you took your photo and HoudahGeo will tag it with the correct location.
Geotagging with HoudahGeo follows an easy 3-step workflow: load, process, then output.
- Start by loading photos into a HoudahGeo project. Optionally add GPS track logs
- Use the built-in map to assign or adjust photo locations. Use reverse geocoding to add city, state / province and country names
- Write location information to the original image files. Export the project for viewing in Google Earth or Google My Maps. Upload to Flickr
- Automatic geocoding using GPS track logs
- Geocoding using reference photos taken using iPhone or a GPS camera
- Geocoding without a GPS. Use the built-in map to double-check, adjust, or assign locations to your photos
- Reverse geocoding fills in city, state / province and country names
- Write GPS data, location names, title, description and keywords to EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
- Works with JPEG as well as a large number of RAW file formats. It also supports XMP sidecar files.
- Integrates with Apple Photos, iPhoto, Aperture, and Adobe Lightroom
- Notify iPhoto or Aperture when places information has been updated
- Create Google Earth KML and KMZ files. View photos "pinned" along the path travelled
- Publish photos and KML files to Dropbox. Share images on a map
- Upload geotagged photos to Flickr
- HoudahGeo can now add locations to photos in your Apple Photos library. This requires Photos 2.0 on macOS 10.12 Sierra
- On macOS 10.12 Sierra, HoudahGeo now offers Apple Maps in addition to MapBox maps
- Improved camera setup options. HoudahGeo now assumes that timestamps that already include time zone information are correct and need no further adjustments
- Changes the color of track logs from blue to red for it to better stand out on various terrains
- Fixes a bug that could cause photo import to hang
- Fixes several minor bugs throughout HoudahGeo