BetterDisplay Pro 2.0.11
BetterDisplay is a truly wonderful tool! It let's you convert your displays to fully scalable screens, allows brightness control, provides XDR/HDR upscaling (extra brightness beyond 100% on compatible displays), full dimming to black,helps you create and manage virtual displays (dummies) for your Mac, create Picture in Picture windows of your displays and gives you a host of other features to manage your display's settings easily from the menu bar.
- Convert your internal and natively connected external displays to smoothly-scaled HiDPI displays on Apple Silicon - now even without mirroring a dummy (displays with notch, HDR, HDCP, high refresh rate fully supported)! (Pro)
- Reach the full brightness potential of your XDR or HDR display! (Pro)
- Change the display's brightness, volume and colors via software and hardware (DDC) control via sliders and native or custom keyboard shortcuts!
- Create custom HiDPI resolutions for real displays manually and redefine certain system display parameters!
- Create any number of dummies (virtual screens) with varying aspect ratios.
- Use headless Macs (servers) with any resolution and HiDPI mode for remote access.
- Create Picture in Picture window for any real or dummy displays. (Pro)
- Redirect your display's contents (real or dummy) to an other screen via streaming. (Pro)
- If you are using a big TV up close, use the bottom half of your TV as a wide screen display (off-center streaming). (Pro)
- Scale Sidecar resolutions. (Pro)
- Portrait SideCar support. (Pro)
- Better quality zooming (System Preferences»Accessibility»Zoom) or High Quality screenshots even on 1080p displays
- Easily change the resolution of your real and dummy displays via a slider (or submenu) from the menubar.
- Quickly accessible refresh rate and screen rotation menu.
- Simplify creating mirrored sets. (Pro)
- Easily move around displays relative to each other using the app menu.
- Quickly designate a display to be main display.
- Associate dummies with displays for auto connect/disconnect.
- Keyboard shortcuts for basic operations.
- Advanced keyboard shortcuts support. (Pro)
- Custom dummies (resolution, orientation, naming). (Pro)
- Create a dummy optimized for a real display. (Pro)
- Added option to enable/disable dock icon or just show it when Settings is opened (default) - #2228
- Added an option whether the app puts itself into the macOS Dock's recent items on startup (off by default) - #2227
- The app now uniformly opens Settings when clicking on the dock icon or relaunching the app while the app is already running - #2229
- Added shortcut button to Settings to open app menu - even when the app menu is hidden - #2238
- Added option to force an underscan slider for native display connections on Apple Silicon - #2236
- "Dim display on screen saver or lock" might not restore full brightness after sleep/wake - #2225
- Displays with "turn off display backlight on screen saver or lock" might not have their backlight restored properly at wake - #2241
- Slowly waking display might not load its configuration due to the Sonoma configuration bug even with "Reinitialize external displays with smooth scaling enabled" turned on - #2240
- "Redetect displays" has missing icon on Monterey/Ventura - #2242
Localizations included in this release:
- Chinese, Simplified - 100% - @BingoKingo
- English - 100% - @waydabber (language of app development)
- German - 6% - @mickimnet, @philipbrembeck
- Japanese- 100% - @SakiPapa
- Portugese (Brazil) - 100% - @gpnunes75
- Romanian - 98% - @mikevic18
- Title: BetterDisplay Pro 2.0.11
- Developer: waydabber
- Compatibility: macOS 12.4 or later
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 9.06 MB