Default Folder X 5.4.4
Default Folder X attaches a toolbar to the right side of the Open and Save dialogs in any OS X-native application. The toolbar gives you fast access to various folders and commands. You just click on the buttons to go to your favorite and recently used folders, manage the folders and files shown in the list, and make changes to your settings. It also fixes a number of problems in Open and Save dialogs, "rebounding" to the last selected file, putting the path listing back in the top menu, and correcting bugs in scrolling column views.
- Directory assistant: You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from Default Folder X's toolbar.
- Real time saving: If you're constantly saving things inside the same folder, Default Folder X can remember that folder for you.
- Finder management: Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click.
- Instant Recall: To help you quickly return to folders you've recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you.
- Spotlight on the spot: Default Folder X lets you add Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot, while you're still in the Save dialog.
- Information central: With Default Folder X you get previews below every Open dialog, expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail? Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
- Workflow without work: Rather than make you learn and set up a new application, Default Folder X blends into OS X.
What's New:Version 5.4
- Default Folder X supports macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Added support for the version of Path Finder distributed via SetApp.
- New ConfirmDialog and CancelDialog AppleScript commands have been added to Default Folder X's scripting dictionary.
- When you open an AppleScript applet or droplet in Script Editor or Script Debugger, it will now be added to the Recent Files menu.
- Default Folder X's menu bar icon now shows a tooltip to identify it to users relying on VoiceOver.
- Fixed a bug that could cause folders shown in tabbed Finder windows to be listed more than once in the Finder Windows menu.
- Fixed problems switching between folders in certain situations when the screen is zoomed-in using the macOS Accessibility features.
- Corrected a crash that could occur if an application contained erroneous data about which documents it could open.
- Fixed a bug which could prematurely close a file dialog when moving a file to the Trash within Default Folder X itself.
- Adding a Favorite by typing in a path would fail if the path had spaces in it. This has been corrected.
- Title: Default Folder X 5.4.4
- Developer: St. Clair Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 10.86 MB