Default Folder X 5.6.4
Default Folder X attaches a toolbar to the right side of the Open and Save dialogs in any macOS-native application. The toolbar gives you fast access to various folders and commands. You just click on the buttons to go to your favorite and recently used folders, manage the folders and files shown in the list, and make changes to your settings. It also fixes a number of problems in Open and Save dialogs, "rebounding" to the last selected file, putting the path listing back in the top menu, and correcting bugs in scrolling column views.
- Directory assistant: You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from Default Folder X's toolbar.
- Real time saving: If you're constantly saving things inside the same folder, Default Folder X can remember that folder for you.
- Finder management: Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click.
- Instant Recall: To help you quickly return to folders you've recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you.
- Spotlight on the spot: Default Folder X lets you add Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot, while you're still in the Save dialog.
- Information central: With Default Folder X you get previews below every Open dialog, expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail? Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
- Workflow without work: Rather than make you learn and set up a new application, Default Folder X blends into OS X.
- Updated the handling of cloud-synced folders so recent files and folders are correctly tracked on OneDrive, Dropbox, Box Sync and Google Drive.
- Apple is rolling out updates in macOS that require changes in the way all of these sync services operate, so sync software will need to be up-to-date as well as Default Folder X.
- Worked around a bug in Chrome, Vivaldi, Brave, Opera and Edge browsers that made it impossible for Default Folder X to turn off the "Hide
- Extensions" checkbox in their Save dialogs when it needed to.
- Fixed the instructions for authorizing Screen Recording so they include steps to click on the lock icon in System Preferences if you haven't already done so.
- Corrected several bugs that could result in Default Folder X automatically expanding or minimizing Save dialogs when it shouldn't.
- Title: Default Folder X 5.6.4
- Developer: St. Clair Software
- Compatibility: macOS 10.10 or later
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 19.22 MB