Default Folder X 5.2.1
Default Folder X attaches a toolbar to the right side of the Open and Save dialogs in any OS X-native application. The toolbar gives you fast access to various folders and commands. You just click on the buttons to go to your favorite and recently used folders, manage the folders and files shown in the list, and make changes to your settings. It also fixes a number of problems in Open and Save dialogs, "rebounding" to the last selected file, putting the path listing back in the top menu, and correcting bugs in scrolling column views.
- Directory assistant: You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from Default Folder X's toolbar.
- Real time saving: If you're constantly saving things inside the same folder, Default Folder X can remember that folder for you.
- Finder management: Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click.
- Instant Recall: To help you quickly return to folders you've recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you.
- Spotlight on the spot: Default Folder X lets you add Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot, while you're still in the Save dialog.
- Information central: With Default Folder X you get previews below every Open dialog, expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail? Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
- Workflow without work: Rather than make you learn and set up a new application, Default Folder X blends into OS X.
What's New:Version 5.2:
- There is now a preference to choose between color and black & white icons for Default Folder X's toolbar.
- The Compress command can now archive multiple items within any subfolder in a file dialog's file list.
- Application-specific folders on iCloud Drive are now badged with the application's icon.
- The color icons for the toolbar and the iCloud icon are more attractive.
- The user interface guiding you through authorizing Default Folder X in System Preferences has been greatly improved.
- Default Folder X will automatically fix and relaunch itself if Gatekeeper Path Randomization makes it run from a temporary folder. This eliminates repeated "Do you want to relaunch the Finder" prompts that would occur under certain conditions.
- Your license information is now kept in a separate file. This avoids bugs in the macOS preference system that could make Default Folder X forget that you're a licensed user. It may still forget when you install the 5.2 update, but that will no longer occur with subsequent updates.
- Display and navigation of folders on iCloud Drive (including the Desktop and Documents folders) is now correct.
- Files and folders in iCloud are correctly tracked by the recent files and recent folders menus when running on High Sierra.
- The sizes of packaged files and applications are now shown correctly in the Preview and Info panels below Open dialogs.
- Fixed a problem with the toolbar coming up underneath the Dock when the Dock is positioned on the side of the screen.
- Fixed a bug which could result in Default Folder X failing to recognized the iCloud Drive folder in certain situations.
- The license entry window will no longer get lost under other windows
- Title: Default Folder X 5.2.1
- Developer: St. Clair Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 9.5 MB