Default Folder X 5.5.4
Default Folder X attaches a toolbar to the right side of the Open and Save dialogs in any OS X-native application. The toolbar gives you fast access to various folders and commands. You just click on the buttons to go to your favorite and recently used folders, manage the folders and files shown in the list, and make changes to your settings. It also fixes a number of problems in Open and Save dialogs, "rebounding" to the last selected file, putting the path listing back in the top menu, and correcting bugs in scrolling column views.
- Directory assistant: You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from Default Folder X's toolbar.
- Real time saving: If you're constantly saving things inside the same folder, Default Folder X can remember that folder for you.
- Finder management: Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click.
- Instant Recall: To help you quickly return to folders you've recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you.
- Spotlight on the spot: Default Folder X lets you add Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot, while you're still in the Save dialog.
- Information central: With Default Folder X you get previews below every Open dialog, expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail? Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
- Workflow without work: Rather than make you learn and set up a new application, Default Folder X blends into OS X.
What's New:Version 5.5:
Changes for Big Sur:
- Compatible with macOS 11.0 and 11.0.1 Big Sur.
- Default Folder X is a Universal App that runs natively on Apple Silicon.
- Updated the look of Default Folder X's application icon, preferences window, Open/Save toolbar and Finder toolbar buttons and other graphical elements to integrate with Big Sur.
- Recent file and folder tracking now recognizes changes that result from syncing via iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and Box Sync.
- When running Path Finder or ForkLift in addition to the Finder, the Finder-click feature and Finder Windows menu will show windows sorted in front-to-back order based on the order of the Finder, Path Finder and / or ForkLift.
- Added tooltips to favorite and default folder lists in the preferences so you can see the full path of a folder by hovering the mouse over it.
- Tooltips now respect the "Increase contrast" setting in System Preferences Accessibility Display.
- Default Folder X will follow symbolic links and aliases when accessing its settings folder at ~/Library/Application Support/com.stclairsoft.DefaultFolderX5.
- There's a hidden switch to prevent Default Folder X from copying tags and comments from existing files when you're saving a file. This can prevent accidentally applying a tag or comment to a newly saved file. Hold down the Option key while selecting the Preferences menu to get to it.
- Another new hidden option removes the "Forget Recent Folders", "Forget Recent Files" and "Forget Recent Finder Windows" menu items so you don't accidentally erase your history by choosing the wrong menu item. Hold down the Option key while selecting the Preferences menu to get to it.
- Corrected a problem with Default Folder X's menus being sorted incorrectly for sub-folders that contained a large number of items.
- Files that you open after performing a search in an Open dialog will now correctly be added to Default Folder X's list of recently used files.
- If you command-drag Default Folder X's Finder toolbar buttons to move them to a different position in the toolbar, their locations will no longer be reset back to their defaults when Default Folder X switches to or from Dark Mode.
- Fixed an intermittent bug in file dialog management that could result in occasional failures to switch between folders.
- Worked around two macOS bugs that could cause Default Folder X to hang at startup.
- Title: Default Folder X 5.5.4
- Developer: St. Clair Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 19.62 MB