Default Folder X 5.6
Default Folder X attaches a toolbar to the right side of the Open and Save dialogs in any OS X-native application. The toolbar gives you fast access to various folders and commands. You just click on the buttons to go to your favorite and recently used folders, manage the folders and files shown in the list, and make changes to your settings. It also fixes a number of problems in Open and Save dialogs, "rebounding" to the last selected file, putting the path listing back in the top menu, and correcting bugs in scrolling column views.
- Directory assistant: You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from Default Folder X's toolbar.
- Real time saving: If you're constantly saving things inside the same folder, Default Folder X can remember that folder for you.
- Finder management: Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click.
- Instant Recall: To help you quickly return to folders you've recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you.
- Spotlight on the spot: Default Folder X lets you add Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot, while you're still in the Save dialog.
- Information central: With Default Folder X you get previews below every Open dialog, expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail? Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
- Workflow without work: Rather than make you learn and set up a new application, Default Folder X blends into OS X.
- Added support for macOS 12 Monterey.
- Commands at the bottom of the Favorites menu have been renamed to be shorter and less repetitive.
- Default Folder now supports MoneyDance, the Flying Logic app, and the Mac App Store version of PDF Studio Pro.
- Worked around an issue in Affinity Designer and other Affinity apps so that "Default to the current document's folder in Save dialogs" works correctly.
- Recent folders and files on Google Drive will appear in Default Folder X's menus even if your Google Drive disk or folder is hidden.
- When your Documents and Desktop folders are synced by Dropbox, items within them will be added to the Recent Files and Recent Folders menus even if the sync folder in Dropbox is hidden (as it is by default).
- Due to a bug in previous versions of Photoshop, its Export As dialog does not work correctly with Default Folder X. Default Folder X now automatically disables itself in this dialog unless you are running Photoshop 22.5.0 or higher.
- When entering your license serial number, if validation fails you'll be prompted for your license information again rather than being left back at square one.
- Fixed a bug that caused Default Folder X to become temporarily unresponsive after a file dialog was resized.
- VoiceOver now correctly reads the folder name shown in the popup path menu in Open and Save dialogs.
- Corrected issues in the French and French-Canadian localizations of Default Folder X.
- Fixed the appearance of the folder set editing window on Big Sur and Monterey.
- Corrected graphical glitches in the path menu in Open and Save dialogs.
- Title: Default Folder X 5.6
- Developer: St. Clair Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 17.78 MB