Default Folder X 5.1.8
Default Folder X attaches a toolbar to the right side of the Open and Save dialogs in any OS X-native application. The toolbar gives you fast access to various folders and commands. You just click on the buttons to go to your favorite and recently used folders, manage the folders and files shown in the list, and make changes to your settings. It also fixes a number of problems in Open and Save dialogs, "rebounding" to the last selected file, putting the path listing back in the top menu, and correcting bugs in scrolling column views.
- Directory assistant: You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from Default Folder X's toolbar.
- Real time saving: If you're constantly saving things inside the same folder, Default Folder X can remember that folder for you.
- Finder management: Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click.
- Instant Recall: To help you quickly return to folders you've recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you.
- Spotlight on the spot: Default Folder X lets you add Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot, while you're still in the Save dialog.
- Information central: With Default Folder X you get previews below every Open dialog, expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail? Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
- Workflow without work: Rather than make you learn and set up a new application, Default Folder X blends into OS X.
What's New:Version 5.1.8:
- Fixed a problem with Default Folder X not recognizing the currently selected file or folder in some Open and Save dialogs on High Sierra. This caused previews, comments and tags to be missing in DFX's attribute window, as well as causing Copy, Rename, Move to Trash, and other commands to fail.
- When Default Folder X relaunches the Finder after adding or removing itself from Finder window toolbars, windows that are open in the Finder will be properly saved and restored.
- You can now enter relative paths with spaces in them when using Default Folder X > Preferences > Folders > Favorites > + > Add Path or URL.
- If you add an application to Default Folder X's exception list and that application is already running, Default Folder X will now warn you that you have to quit and relaunch the app before changes will take effect.
- Fixed a problem with packaged files (such as RapidWeaver documents) not getting added to Default Folder X's recent file history.
- Corrected a bug that could cause Default Folder X's preference file converter to crash when importing v4 preferences.
- Folder switching did not work correctly in Pro Tools' Import Audio file dialog. This has been fixed.
- If an alias is selected, Default Folder X will show a preview of the original file or folder.
- Title: Default Folder X 5.1.8
- Developer: St. Clair Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by The Shark
- Size: 14.89 MB