Default Folder X 5.3.7
Default Folder X attaches a toolbar to the right side of the Open and Save dialogs in any OS X-native application. The toolbar gives you fast access to various folders and commands. You just click on the buttons to go to your favorite and recently used folders, manage the folders and files shown in the list, and make changes to your settings. It also fixes a number of problems in Open and Save dialogs, "rebounding" to the last selected file, putting the path listing back in the top menu, and correcting bugs in scrolling column views.
- Directory assistant: You can access the contents of your recent, favorite, and open folders right from Default Folder X's toolbar.
- Real time saving: If you're constantly saving things inside the same folder, Default Folder X can remember that folder for you.
- Finder management: Default Folder X lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click.
- Instant Recall: To help you quickly return to folders you've recently used, Default Folder X remembers them for you.
- Spotlight on the spot: Default Folder X lets you add Spotlight keywords, OpenMeta tags, and Finder labels on the spot, while you're still in the Save dialog.
- Information central: With Default Folder X you get previews below every Open dialog, expanded to fill the available space. Need to see more detail? Click on the image and it zooms up to full size.
- Workflow without work: Rather than make you learn and set up a new application, Default Folder X blends into OS X.
What's New:Version 5.3.7:
- Added application version numbers and "last opened" dates to the info panel below Open dialogs.
- Greatly improved handling of file dialogs that are as large as the screen or that lie partially off-screen.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Favorites will remain enabled when a background-only or menu bar app pops up a window.
- You can now create an AppleScript to specify default folders for applications on the fly. This is a 'preview feature' for version 6, so isn't in the documentation yet. Contact [email protected] for more info if you're interested in using it.
- Improved the way the toolbar handles multiple-display Macs.
- Default Folder X is now Notarized by Apple.
- Default Folder X now responds correctly when you change the system language after it has been launched.
- Fixed a problem with the Finder drawer hiding itself during drag-and-drop operations when the Finder's windows auto-pop to the front.
- Worked around a Mojave Finder bug that resulted in Default Folder X not updating its list of Finder windows correctly for tabbed Finder windows.
- Corrected a problem with the Finder drawer hiding itself during a drag-and-drop when the frontmost Finder window was near the bottom of the screen.
- The Finder-click feature only displays windows that are visible in the current Space, but the Finder Windows menu allows you to select windows from all Spaces.
- Finder windows are listed in the correct order when ForkLift or Path Finder are running alongside the Finder.
- Default Folder X controls won't get in the way of LaunchBar's input window if it pops up while a file dialog is on screen.
- Fixed a rare, intermittent crash caused by multi-threading issues.
- Fixed a potential crash when interacting with HoudahSpot.
- Fixed crashes in mixed-language environments.
- Title: Default Folder X 5.3.7
- Developer: St. Clair Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 10.8 MB