KeePassXC is a community fork of KeePassX, a native cross-platform port of KeePass Password Safe, with the goal of extending and improving it with new features and bugfixes to provide a feature-rich, fully cross-platform, and modern open-source password manager.
- Encrypted - The complete database is always encrypted with the industry-standard AES (alias Rijndael) encryption algorithm using a 256 bit key. KeePassXC uses a database format that is compatible with KeePass Password Safe. Your wallet works offline and requires no Internet connection.
- Cross-Platform - KeePassXC is a community fork of KeePassX, the cross-platform port of KeePass for Windows. Every feature works cross-platform and was thoroughly tested on multiple systems to provide users with the same look and feel on every supported operating system. This includes the beloved Auto-Type feature.
- Open Source - The full source code is published under the terms of the GNU General Public License. We see open source as a vital prerequisite for any security-critical software product. For that reason, KeePassXC is and always will be free as in freedom (and in beer). Contributions by everyone are welcome!
What's New:Version 2.6.3:
- Support Argon2id KDF
- Support XMLv2 key files
- Improve CSV Import/Export, include time fields and TOTP
- Support empty area dragging of the application window
- Display default Auto-Type sequence in preview pane
- Remove strict length limit on generated passwords
- Hide key file path by default when unlocking database
- Document browser extension use with Edge in managed mode
- Windows: Prevent clipboard history and cloud sync
- macOS: Update the application icon to Big Sur styling
- Re-select previously selected entry on database unlock
- Properly save special character choice in password generator
- Fix crash in browser integration with multiple similar entries
- Remove offset on username field in classic theme
- Ensure entry history is copied when drag/dropping entries and groups
- Close modal dialogs when database is locked
- Prevent crash when KeeShare modifies an entry that is currently being edited
- Improve preview of entry attributes
- Always activate/focus database open dialog preventing mistype
- Reports: fix calculation of average password length
- Linux: Delay startup on login to correct tray icon issues
- Title: KeePassXC 2.6.3
- Developer: KeePassXC Team
- Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: Multilingual
- Includes: Free
- Size: 29.46 MB