Visual Differ compares side-by-side folders and files using colors to visually show differences. From the Folder view it's possible to make operations on folders and files like copying or deleting.
It's possible to compare quickly directories choosing base folders from the context menu. Using the File Filter feature is possible to hide from visualization specific files like .git, .svn directories or the omnipresent .DS_Store files.
The folders comparison can be done using different techniques from the fastest "compare only date and size" to the fine-grained byte-by-byte comparison.
The files comparison is done using the unix diff command this choice makes the result quick, standard and reliable.
It's possible to save work sessions then quickly reopen them to compare directories hierarchies or directly two specific files.
What's New:Version 1.8.2:
- Added Difference Navigator in Folder View
- Added toolbar icons
- Improved UI on Big Sur (preference window style)
- Fixed line numbers color in dark mode because they are barely visible
- Fixed compatibility with Big Sur
- Optimized for Apple M1
- Fixed incorrect timestamp results when comparing with external disks
- Fixed missed opening in external editor and improved error messages
- Fixed hang ups while comparing Time Machine backups
- Reduced memory usage while comparing big folders
- Added quick access to History sessions, no longer really needs to save manually comparison sessions
- Moved command line tool 'visdiff' to Contents/Helpers directory to be compliant with Apple guidelines (please read more at the wiki page https://wiki.visualdiffer.com)
- Full Dark Mode support
- Added support for AppleScript
- Title: VisualDiffer 1.8.2
- Developer: davide ficano
- Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later 64-bit
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 6.64 MB