Importer for Contacts 1.6
Importer for Contacts picks up where Apple Contacts left off by importing Excel files, CSV files, tab-delimited files, and vCards into "Contacts" with more options.
As a bonus, it can also convert CSV and Excel files to vCard files directly without the need to import them first. The app is also able to restore Address Book groups from vCards.
- Imports Excel files (.xlsx), including embedded pictures
- Imports vCards with automatic group restoration
- Maps fields automatically and remembers field mappings for future imports.
- Lets you save mappings to make repeated imports easier
- Supports custom labels
- Accepts CSV files that Apple’s Contacts app refuses to open
- Can perform automatic group assignment. Groups that do not already exist will be created. In your import file, simply add a column with a comma-separated list of group names that the contact should be a member of.
- Supports line breaks in CSV and tab-delimited text file fields (street addresses, notes, etc.) if the file is properly formatted
- Fields not supported by Contacts can be added to the "Note" field
- Comes with an interactive preview to make it easier to determine the character encoding of the import file - helpful if you don't know which encoding was used or if you have no idea what a character encoding is.
What's New:Version 1.6:
- Added support for macOS 11 Big Sur
- Added support for Macs with Apple Silicon processor
- Fields imported into notes can now be formatted with various options for better readability. These options can be set in the app’s preferences.
- When importing group names from a FileMaker repeating field, the individual values are now automatically recognized.
- Improved reliability when extracting labels from label/value lists.
- Fixes a bug that caused a crash that occurred when an Excel date field contained an invalid value.
- Title: Importer for Contacts 1.6
- Developer: Stefan Keller
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 9.99 MB