ChronoSync is the professional choice for periodic backups, bootable drive clones and folder synchronizations. Target any device or folder visible in Finder such as a volume, thumb drive, NAS, disk image, server or (with ChronoAgent) another Mac! ChronoSync replaces your backup utility, drive clone utility, and folder sync utility with a single, powerful application. Get push notifications of your syncs sent to your phone with ChronoMonitor. Add InterConneX (free for iOS) and use ChronoSync to push files and folders to your iDevice!
- Fully customizable toolbar
- All settings are stored in separate files that can be edited at any time
- Synchronization in two directions
- drafting rules to filter the files by various attributes
- Compare files before sync
- Run a test to verify the results of synchronization before performing operations
- history of synchronization, which can be printed or saved to a file
- Automatic synchronization on a schedule
- Use AppleScripts to automate synchronization.
What's New:Version 4.9.1:
- Task naming fields in all of the Assistants are now wider and no longer word wrap.
- Added logic that tests if a disk image's parent volume resides on an SSD, in which case the disk image itself is denoted as an SSD. This affects the parallel file copying logic.
- Added logic to cleanup an extended attribute that may have been applied to the user's home folder as part of a long-ago abandoned licensing scheme.
- When ChronoAgent connections are establish, information about the nature of the connection is sent to the ChronoAgent much earlier in the connection process.
- The Validator will no longer include 'Type/Creator Codes' in its Recommended Settings if either target is an InterConneX sharespace, but only if InterConneX is less than v1.3.0.
- It is now less likely to timeout when un-mounting volumes or mounting disk images over a ChronoAgent or "Admin Access" connection.
- Fixed a bug that could raise an exception when opening or interacting with a Container Task Document on macOS 10.11.x.
- Fixed a bug whereby Finder Tags attached to files were not being decoded into a format that the Finder Tags rule could understand. Thus the rule always failed to detect specific flags.
- Fixed a bug that could cause folder enumeration errors on a mounted disk image over a remote ChronoAgent connection if the disk image was APFS formatted and stored on an HFS file system.
- Fixed a bug whereby the Disk Image, Arbitrary Folder and Multiple Folders Assistants were not properly enabling the "Don’t create empty folders" setting of the generate sync tasks(s) if document-type filtering was enabled.
- Fixed a bug whereby all the Modifier Assistants would wipe out any custom tags assigned to sync task documents that were modified.
- Fixed a bug whereby you could not target a sub-folder in an InterConneX sharespace.
- Fixed a bug whereby restoring from the archive to a custom folder wasn't working if the archive's target connected to anything but "Mounted Volumes."
- Fixed a bug whereby file copy operations and attribute-only copy operations were not responding to certain file system errors the same way.
- Fixed a bug whereby having 'Strict Volume Identification' OFF was not working for locally attached devices.
- Fixed a bug whereby losing connection to a target's remote file manager before a target path had been specified would make it impossible to reconnect to the remote file manager.
- Fixed a bug whereby if creating a bootable backup to a remotely mounted, APFS formatted disk image over a ChronoAgent connection, if any of the device identifiers for the Preboot or Recovery volumes on the remote disk image happened to be the same as the Preboot/Recovery volumes on the source volume, ChronoSync would become confused and generate an error.
- Fixed a bug whereby if creating a bootable backup to an APFS formatted disk image, it was possible for ChronoSync to report that it could not create the Preboot and/or Recovery volumes even though it had successfully done so.
- Fixed a bug whereby files denoted as aliases by older, Carbon and pre-Carbon era software were susceptible to not being correctly identified as aliases.
- Fixed a bug that could result in the improper identification of target volumes if there was more than one locally mounted volume that shared the same unique volume identifier.
- Fixed a bug whereby certain kinds of pre- and post- sync AppleScript would not execute properly.
- Title: ChronoSync 4.9.1 & ChronoAgent 1.9.1
- Developer: Econ Technologies, Inc
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by The Shark
- Size: 80.97 MB