Visual Studio Code 1.85.0
Visual Studio Code provides developers with a new choice of developer tool that combines the simplicity and streamlined experience of a code editor with the best of what developers need for their core code-edit-debug cycle. Visual Studio Code is the first code editor, and first cross-platform development tool - supporting macOS, Linux, and Windows - in the Visual Studio family.
At its heart, Visual Studio Code features a powerful, fast code editor great for day-to-day use. The Preview release of Code already has many of the features developers need in a code and text editor, including navigation, keyboard support with customizable bindings, syntax highlighting, bracket matching, auto indentation, and snippets, with support for dozens of languages.
For serious coding, developers often need to work with code as more than just text. Visual Studio Code includes built-in support for always-on IntelliSense code completion, richer semantic code understanding and navigation, and code refactoring. In the Preview, Code includes enriched built-in support for ASP.NET 5 development with C#, and Node.js development with TypeScript and jаvascript, powered by the same underlying technologies that drive Visual Studio. Code includes great tooling for web technologies such as HTML, CSS, LESS, SASS, and JSON. Code also integrates with package managers and repositories, and builds and other common tasks to make everyday workflows faster. And Code understands Git, and delivers great Git workflows and source diffs integrated with the editor.
- Floating editor windows - Drag and drop editors onto your desktop.
- Accessible View workflow - Smoother transitions to and from the Accessible View.
- Finer extension update control - Choose which extensions to auto update.
- Source Control incoming and outgoing view - Easily review pending repository changes.
- jаvascript heap snapshots - Visualize heap snapshots including memory object graphs.
- TypeScript Go to Definition from inlay hints - Jump to definition from inlay hint hovers.
- Python type hierarchy display - Quickly review and navigate complex type relationships.
- GitHub Copilot updates - Inline chat improvements, Rust code explanation.
- Preview: expanded Sticky Scroll support - Sticky Scroll in tree views and the terminal.
- Title: Visual Studio Code 1.85.0
- Developer: Microsoft Corporation
- Compatibility: macOS 10.13 or later
- Language: Multilingual
- Includes: Free
- Size: 201.18 MB