Three-dimensional model design, especially the creation of human or animal-like characters, requires some knowledge in this area and, most importantly, a set of suitable tools for the job. For those who made some 3D creations using various specialized software solutions and need to work on them without having to install each program again, a utility like Metasequoia can be the right choice. This application manages to provide a strong set of features and make them available from a really friendly interface. There are several modes to operate Metasequoia, namely Beginner, Modeling (string), Modeling (icon) and Mapping.
Each of these styles comes with its commands for editing the loaded model, setting the appropriate lighting and more. There is a wide variety of objects that you can select and insert in the design, as well as some tools that are meant for modifying the model you are working on.
The editing function that Metasequoia is equipped with are rather basic, but, nonetheless, cover all the necessary actions for handling objects, material faces and vertices. Each selected portion of the design can be fixed, stored or restored when needed, as well as fit to view or set as center of rotation.
There are many customizations that can be made to the application from the 'Configuration' area, so you can assign, for instance, various actions to mouse buttons and key combinations. Texture rendering imperfections and some glitches that may occur can be avoided by adjusting the Direct3D and OpenGL preview options.
All things considered, Metasequoia seems to be a worthy alternative to more complex utilities of its kind, especially thanks to the ease of use coupled with a good support for a variety of formats this software is able to work with.
- Specular-Glossiness settings and extensions (clearcoat/sheen/transmission) have been added to the settings of the glTF shader in Material Property (They are not applied to the preview)
- Each function in the [Selected] support a symmetric editing
- [Align vertices] and [Planation] have been merged to [Align/Planate vertices], and linearize has been also added
- [Align/Planate vertices] and [Shift the position] can confirm the result while setting parameters
- [Mesh smoothing ] has been changed to [Mesh divide/smoothing], and it can specify whether smoothing is on or off
- [Robust] mode in [Boolean] becomes more robust
- [Voxel] mode in [Boolean] can specify a maximum number of triangles
- [Boolean] adds [Only select intersection] mode
- [Boolean] can process multiple objects at once
- [Joined face] and [Growing] in [Select] adds [Same material] option
- A numeric input in [Move] support a local axis
- A direction of the handle in [Move] can be input numerically
- [Scale] and [Rotate] can keep the center of the position when the selection is changed
- [Local] can change the base position to the center of the selection
- [Local], [Lattice], [Mapping] and [UV edit] can move the axis of the handle with switching L/W/S in the [Edit option]
- [Knife - Saw] obsoletes fast and robust mode, and it can specify whether it reserves the cut side or not
- [Bend] and [Shear] add the [2D] mode
- [Direct3D 9] has been obsolete
- glTF importer supports Draco compression data
- glTF importer and exporter support Specular-Glossiness settings and extensions
- The color does not change even if only lines without faces are selected in [Edge loop] and [Growing] in [Select]
- When you scale by numeric input in the property of [Scale], it scales along the different axis from the local coordinate even if L of the Edit option is on
- [Knife][Edge] and so on process at the different position from the highlighted one on the edge in the perspective view
- [Merge selected neighbor faces] cannot process in the specific condition
- [Paste] may crash when [Bone] is used
- An object name other than the local language breaks in the FBX exporter
- Title: Metasequoia 4.7.7d
- Developer: tetraface Inc.
- Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: Multilangual
- Includes: Serial
- Size: 85.61 MB