Tower is a Git client for macOS that makes using Git easy and more efficient. Users benefit from its elegant and comprehensive interface and a feature set that lets them enjoy the full power of Git.
Tower abstracts Git's complexity in an easy-to-use interface. For example, lots of actions can be performed simply via drag-and-drop, and mistakes can be undone easily. Advanced users can increase their productivity with features like single line staging, submodule support, or the file history.
- git-svn support
- File history
- git-flow support
- Submodule support
- git-lfs support
- Blame view
- Single-line staging (per-line committing)
- Discard chunks/lines
- Direct Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab, GitSwarm, Beanstalk, Visual Studio Team Services, Team Foundation Server and Rhodecode integration
- Support for Bitbucket team accounts
- Support for full-screen and Retina displays
- Many powerful drag-and-drop features include merge, rebase, push /pull to/from remote, apply stash, create new branch, etc.
What's New:Version 6.0:
- All Tower trials have been reset for version 6.0. Users who tested Tower in the past, can give the new version a try.
- Designed for macOS Big Sur: We made lots of large and small improvements to make Tower feel at home on the new macOS Big Sur. Read on to learn more...
- Icons: In the toolbar, the sidebar, and other areas in the app, we’re introducing new, redesigned icons.
- App Icon: Take a look at your Dock and you’ll see that the Tower app icon now fits right in with other app icons on Big Sur.
- Full-Height Sidebar: In macOS 11, sidebars in apps now typically take the full window height. We’ve made this possible in Tower, too.
- Navigation Bar: With the new style in Big Sur in mind, we decided to remove the "Navigation Bar" (below the toolbar). This results in a much cleaner, much clearer UI.
- Submodule Navigation: When navigating into a submodule you’ll see that a new toolbar icon appears; this allows you to jump back to the parent repository.
- View Subheadlines: Some detail views now show their own subheadlines, giving you a quicker overview of the situation.
- Services & Bookmarks: These icons, previously located in the Navigation Bar, are now also located in the main toolbar.
- Rounded Selections: List views (like the Commit History) and the sidebar now feature the new rounded selection style in Big Sur.
- Apple Silicon Architecture: Tower is now compiled with support for the new Apple Silicon architecture. Additionally, we improved the way background tasks are handled in order to get the best performance and battery life from the new Apple Silicon architecture.
- GitHub Service Accounts: We removed support for Basic Authentication as this is deprecated by GitHub. We also updated OAuth authorization to use our own web flow instead of the one provided by GitHub for native apps, which is deprecated as well.
- Title: Tower 6.1
- Developer: fournova Software GmbH
- Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 43.59 MB