Keep It 1.7.0
Keep It is for writing notes, keeping web links and documents, and finding them again. Available on Mac, and as a separate app for iPhone and iPad, Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Notes and Links
Create notes with built-in styles that look good and read well on all your devices. Notes can contain checklists, bulleted and numbered lists, images, links and other attachments.
Save Web Links
Save web links to Keep It, view them in the app, open them in your browser, or save them as PDFs for offline reading.
Any kind of file can be added to Keep It or saved to its folders, and opened for editing in their original applications. With iCloud, changes are automatically made available across all your Macs and iOS devices.
Preview and Edit
Keep It generates thumbnails and summaries for most files, can edit its own notes, rich and plain text files, and show previews for PDFs, images, web pages and most other documents.
Search and Filter
Keep It can search the content of most files. Suggestions appear as you type, allowing you to narrow down results to exactly what you need, or use keywords and natural language. Save searches for later reuse.
Keep It’s Tag Filter makes finding things by their tags a pleasure. Choose a tag to see all the tagged items and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further.
Folders let you organize items and bundles hierarchically, when needed. Select a folder to see everything it contains.
When you need to gather things into one place, make a bundle. Items can be in more than one bundle at a time, and when you remove the bundle, everything else stays where it was.
Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition. Labels are listed in the sidebar so you can quickly see everything with a particular label.
Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately, with the latest shown at the top. Favorites provide quick access. Deleted Items are automatically removed after 30 days.
Where You Need It
In compact mode, Keep It for Mac becomes a single column, ideal for using alongside other apps or in split screen.
Works with Other Apps
Pretty much anything can be dragged to Keep It, and you can also add things from a variety of apps with Keep It’s share extension.
What's New:Version 1.7:
- Search and text recognition for attachments
- Improved mail message viewing
- Improved Markdown preview and export
- Improved Touch Bar support for notes, PDFs, Markdown documents, and images
- Added printing support for rich text, plain text, Markdown, PDFs, images, mail messages, and web pages
- Keep It now indexes attachments on notes, rich text with attachments documents (RTFD), and mail messages. It will also perform text recognition on PDF and images attachments, if necessary.
- When Keep It 1.7 is first run it will extract attachment information from any existing notes, rich text with attachment documents, and mail messages for indexing, and perform text recognition if necessary, which may take some time.
- Notes with custom background colors will now always be shown as light content in Dark Mode on macOS 10.14 and later.
- Use the Touch Bar to apply note styles, insert a checklist and highlight text.
- Zoom text files with the magnify gesture on trackpads.
- Rich text files with custom background colors will now always be shown as light content in Dark Mode on macOS 10.14 and later.
- Print and export rich text documents as PDFs using the commands in the File menu.
- MultiMarkdown 6 is now used for previews and HTML export. This changes the available options in the Preview tab of the Markdown menu > Settings sheet, and the syntax for strikethrough to CriticMarkup.
- Added the ability to highlight text in CriticMarkup syntax.
- Use the Touch Bar to format Markdown text.
- Print or export Markdown source or previews as PDFs using the commands in the File menu.
- A rotate toolbar item is now available when an image is opened in a window. Hold on Option to change the direction.
- Rotate and zoom images with the Touch Bar.
- Images can now be printed.
- When editing notes on highlights, the note text will be shown as either light or dark depending on the highlight color.
- Use the Touch Bar to page through PDFs, highlight text, rotate and zoom pages.
- Print PDFs using the File > Print menu command.
- When searching items by content, matching terms will now be highlighted in mail messages.
- Find and step through occurrences of text in mail messages.
- View a Quick Look preview of attachments by clicking them.
- Save attachments by choosing Mail > Save Attachments from the menu.
- Print and export mail messages as PDFs using the commands in the File menu.
- When using Dark Mode on macOS 10.14 and later, choose whether to show the current mail message as light content using the Mail menu.
- On macOS 10.14 and later, use the Mail menu to choose whether to always show mail messages as light content by default.
- AppleScript files are now always shown as light content in Dark Mode on macOS 10.14 and later.
- Print or export AppleScript files as PDFs using the commands in the File menu.
- Print and export PDFs of plain text files using the commands in the File menu.
- When finding occurrences of text in web pages, it no longer matters whether characters are accented or not.
- Print and export PDFs of web links, web archives and HTML files using the commands in the File menu.
- Improved thumbnails for web archives and HTML files.
- It’s now possible to prevent confirmation before moving items to Deleted Items using the checkbox on the confirmation alert. Reset the setting Advanced preferences.
- Click on the header in the item list to scroll to the top of the list.
- Fixed an issue where some items could show a blank thumbnail icon in the list.
- Added an option to Import preferences to always keep both files when importing and a file with the same name exists in the destination folder.
- Fixed an issue importing some notes with single attachments from an EXEX file.
- Fixed an issue with dividers in web pages when importing an EXEX file.
- Fixed an issue where files and photos added with the Share extension wouldn't be imported until the app is restarted.
- When adding files, optionally specify whether to “always keep both” when an existing file is found. If not specified the setting in Import preferences is used.
- Bundles are now exposed on Keep It items in AppleScript.
- Fixed an issue getting a subfolder by name.
- When decrypting items, Keep It will now prompt to save the password entered if there is no password saved in the keychain, or decryption failed.
- “Fetching metadata” jobs are now shown as “Extracting info”.
- The help files now show light text on a dark background in Dark Mode on macOS 10.14 and later.
- Title: Keep It 1.7.0
- Developer: Reinvented Software
- Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 18.03 MB