Downie is the only video download for macOS you will ever need. It isn't simply another YouTube-downloader: Downie supports at this moment over 700 different sites! The full list may be viewed in Downie's preferences, under the Sites tab.
- Supports many sites - currently supports over 750 different sites (including YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) and the number is rapidly growing.
- 4K video YouTube support - unlike many other YouTube downloaders, Downie supports HD video on YouTube, up to 4K.
- Postprocessing - need your video in MP4 for iTunes? Or want just the audio track? No problem, Downie can handle this for you automatically!
- International - not only that Downie supports country-specific sites, it is localized into various languages. If your language is missing, contact us - we can offer you a free license in exchange for a translation.
What's New:Downie 3.0?
- UI Redesign - Most of the UI is completely redesigned, including the app icon.
- Menu Bar Control - Ability to control Downie from the menu bar.
- Link Filtering - Select the links you want to download in case Downie finds multiple downloads on a single page.
- Scheduled Downloads - Schedule delayed download start.
- Windowless Mode - Ability to close main window without closing the app.
- Simple Mode - Less distracting way to display your downloads.
- Download Folder Hierarchy - Options to sort downloaded files by website, playlist and include playlist information in file name.
- Automatic Ordering - Option to automatically order the queue by progress or name.
- Automatic Clearing - Option to automatically remove completed downloads from the queue.
- Safari Extension Options - Option not to activate Downie when using Safari extension.
- Browser Extensions + Postprocessing - Browser extensions are updated and support sending links to Downie with a postprocessing intent.
- DASH Stream Support - It's a good thing!
- HLS Subtitles Support - More weird letters, but trust us, it's a good thing.
- AAC Support - Option not to enforce MP3 with audio postprocessing.
- User-Guided Extraction + Pop-Ups - User-Guided Extraction now supports pop up windows (disabled by default), which allows signing into some services using e.g. Facebook, Google or LinkedIn.
- Renaming - Rename downloads during the download or even after they finished.
- HLS Streams - Completely rewritten download of HLS streams - it is up to 4 times faster.
- Postprocessing - Thanks to Downie's new video analysis, the postprocessing for HLS downloads now takes seconds instead of minutes.
- History - History window is now extended and includes icon previews.
- Quality Selection - Rewritten automatic quality selection so that highest resolution gets always picked.
- Support - Ability to send a generic bug report right from the app.
- User-Guided Extraction - The User-Guided Extraction has been much improved, highlights more probable downloads, displays details about proposed downloads and can hide the sidebar.
- Memory Management - After launch, Downie takes about 10-20MB less memory, the User-Guided Extraction memory cleanup is improved, the Login Browser uses a new generation of web browser on macOS 10.13 or later.
- Memory Management 2 - Processing YouTube (and some other) links uses considerably less memory.
- Title: Downie 3.0
- Developer: Charlie Monroe Software
- Compatibility: macOS 10.11 or later
- Language: Multilingual
- Includes: K
- Size: 27.34 MB