SQLEditor is a SQL database design and entity relationship diagram (ERD) tool for OS X. It replaces typing SQL by hand with dragging, dropping, and clicking, making database creation faster and easier. And if you already have a database, then SQLEditor can help you see what it looks like by reverse engineering a diagram. Or use SQLEditor to create documentation with the new design report exporter. SQLEditor may be useful if you need to design a database or you have existing databases to manage. It's also useful if you're learning about database design.
SQLEditor supports exporting database designs to MySQL, Postgres, SQLite, Oracle, and others. Plus it also imports and exports Ruby On Rails Migration files.
What's New:Version 3.3.9:
- Source view is now updated when a document becomes the main window.
- List of file names in diff view is now updated when document changes or becomes main window
- Foreign key objects now highlight the columns they link when either the connector or the foreign key object is selected
- Connector lines now have a context menu with appropriate commands
- ON DELETE/ON UPDATE now export RESTRICT in relevant dialects
- ON DELETE/ON UPDATE "SET DEFAULT" is now treated as an empty setting (which is normally RESTRICT) in MySQL, which doesn't support this action in INNODB
- Fix for smart quotes being substituted for standard quotes in view definition text field and various object comment text fields
- Fix for odd crash that occurred when document became main in 3.3.8 but notification occurred on a secondary thread. This mostly meant that the app crashed if you checked for updates manually.
- Fix for bug where SQLEditor wasn't matching MySQL default update and delete actions correctly on imported foreign keys, causing foreign keys to be dropped and readded incorrectly when no changes had occurred.
- MySQL initial default type could sometimes be INTEGER instead of INT (This mapped to INT, but was confusing). Fixed.
- Fix: creating a new object wasn't moving focus to the name/title field in the inspector
- Fix: "Inspect Object" command now correctly moves the focus to the name/title field of inspector.
- Sparkle has been updated to a newer release
- Some obsolete resources have been removed
- Title: SQLEditor 3.3.9
- Developer: Malcolmhardie
- Compatibility: macOS 10.9 or later
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by The Shark
- Size: 60 MB