Things is a task management solution that helps to organize your tasks in an elegant and intuitive way. Things combines powerful features with simplicity through the use of tags and its intelligent filter bar. A Leopard style source list allows for quick and easy focusing. Together with a beautiful user interface, Things aims at the seemingly impossible: making task management both easy and fun.
Our screencast is a great introduction.
- The big picture. A Leopard-style source list lets you easily focus without ever switching view modes or wrapping your head around filter criteria.
- A magical tag bar automatically appears when needed and adapts to the currently displayed list. It lets you drill down even the longest list of To-Dos. Hierarchical tags? We got you covered!
- Teamwork. Things offers convenient collaboration features. Easily delegate tasks to members of your team. (This is work in progress.)
- No columns! Whether it's multiple tags, dates or notes, To-Do items display their information on an as needed basis. No more space wasted by empty or irrelevant column cells!
- Out of your head, out of your way. A quick entry HUD lets you enter any idea the moment it hits you. Never let the thought of an unfinished business distract you again.
- Yours forever. We won't lock you in. Things will use an open XML file format to store your data. (Not yet activated.)
- Things even supports GTD, so if you're familiar and comfortable with GTD concepts, you'll feel right at home.
What's New:Version 3.4:
Linking to things:
- Things now supports a special kind of link (or URL) that starts with "things:". These links can be used to quickly jump to a to-do or list in Things from other apps. To generate a link on your Mac, right-click any item and choose Share > Copy Link.
- Things’ links can also be used to execute a broad range of powerful commands from outside of the app - to create to-dos, show tag filters, perform searches, and so on. See our blog for some ideas on how to use them.
- Other apps can now easily send data into Things. For example, the mind mapping app MindNode allows you to brainstorm your ideas and then "hand them over" as a Things project when the time is right. Other developers wanting to export data to Things can easily do so with our open source Swift library.
- This release also enables diacritic-insensitive search (i.e., searching for "uber" will also find "über", "francais" will find "français", etc.).
- Title: Things 3.4.1
- Developer: Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: Multilangual
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 19.4 MB