Mellel is the leading word processor for macOS and has been widely considered the industry standard since its inception. Mellel focuses on writers and scholars for technical writing and multilingual word processing. It offers special tools to help you write and organize long documents easily. If you need multilingual support or are writing bi-directional text, Mellel is just the thing for you: Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, and Syriac never looked better on a Mac. Even if you don't need all the bells and whistles, Mellel is still the right choice for you: clean, stable, and easy to use.
A Word Processor You Can Trust
Mellel gets the job done. It’s considered the leading word processor for complex documents. It’s stable. It’s trustworthy under real work pressure. Once you get it, you'll wonder why you wrote with anything else.
An Outline and an Outliner
Mellel's superb Outline feature allows you to organize your work. View, edit, and navigate your document. Reorganize sections with a click of your mouse.
Find. Replace. Repeat.
Mellel’s advanced find and replace tool turns hours of editing into minutes. Everything in any sequence can be searched, found, switched, and fixed. Save your find actions. Use them again and again to transform all your documents in seconds.
The Best Multi-language Support
Mellel was created to support multiple languages and script systems within the same document. It was the first and still is the best word processor for right-to-left writing systems.
The Best Index Tool
Create your index in half the time. Mellel’s Index feature tops similar tools in other word processors, and rivals dedicated Index applications.
What's New:Version 4.2.3:
- Showing the missing character glyph (or nothing at all) when trying to render unsupported script text with certain older malformed/unconventional fonts
- Crashing when trying to use certain older mac fonts
- Formulas in table templates not working initially after insertion of a table based on them
- Behaving erratically with tables containing formulas and the insert table sheet under mac os versions prior to 12.0
- Crashing when typing/deleting text in table cells following a global change that effected the cell (for example, setting track changes mode, replace all, bibliography scan and live bibliography adjusments)
- Crashing when resizing and doing other manipulations to inline images inside table cells
- Hanging and misbehaving when opening the table palette and table attributes popover
- Failing to communicate with reference manages (Bookends, Sente) under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Title: Mellel 4.2.3
- Developer: Ori Redler
- Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 94.39 MB