Mellel is the leading word processor for macOS and has been widely considered the industry standard since its inception. Mellel focuses on writers and scholars for technical writing and multilingual word processing. It offers special tools to help you write and organize long documents easily. If you need multilingual support or are writing bi-directional text, Mellel is just the thing for you: Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, and Syriac never looked better on a Mac. Even if you don't need all the bells and whistles, Mellel is still the right choice for you: clean, stable, and easy to use.
A Word Processor You Can Trust
Mellel gets the job done. It’s considered the leading word processor for complex documents. It’s stable. It’s trustworthy under real work pressure. Once you get it, you'll wonder why you wrote with anything else.
An Outline and an Outliner
Mellel's superb Outline feature allows you to organize your work. View, edit, and navigate your document. Reorganize sections with a click of your mouse.
Find. Replace. Repeat.
Mellel’s advanced find and replace tool turns hours of editing into minutes. Everything in any sequence can be searched, found, switched, and fixed. Save your find actions. Use them again and again to transform all your documents in seconds.
The Best Multi-language Support
Mellel was created to support multiple languages and script systems within the same document. It was the first and still is the best word processor for right-to-left writing systems.
The Best Index Tool
Create your index in half the time. Mellel’s Index feature tops similar tools in other word processors, and rivals dedicated Index applications.
What's New:Version 4.1.1:
- Fixed an issue that broke support for Type 1 fonts.
- Correctly importing old style text boxes in DOCX documents.
- Fixed an issue that caused very heavy underline/strikethrough weight to appear with some fonts.
- Fixed an issue that caused failure to open DOCX files produced by Ulysses.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to fail to open some DOCX documents containing numbered lists with the error "delegate aborted".
- Fixed an issue that caused tab/margin tracking guides to remain on screen after tracking.
- Fixed some issues with identifying bold and italic text in some DOCX documents.
- Fixed some issues where a font would not be correctly matched when importing DOCX documents.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to fail to identify bullet style list in DOCX documents.
- Title: Mellel 4.1.1
- Developer: Ori Redler
- Compatibility: OS X 10.6 +
- Language: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 104.75 MB