PatterNodes is a tool for creating graphical patterns, animations, gradients, or illustrations based on repetitions. This is done by defining a sequence of steps, a recipe of sorts, that describes the pattern. Each pattern element or operation is represented by a little panel called a node, and the nodes are then linked by connections drawn between them. As the nodes can be freely combined and connected, this gives you a very flexible and powerful interface.
While this interface requires a different way of thinking, it also offers a lot of benefits compared to traditional Illustrator-type editors. Most importantly it enables you to use sliders to instantly change any aspect, like color, spacing, scaling, rotation or repetition count of any part of the pattern without having to undo/redo any steps. You can also specify animation value ranges for any of these parameters.
The resulting pattern tile is always shown in the bottom preview view, repeated and updating in real time with any changes, giving you instant feedback of what the end result will be. To make pattern creation easier PatterNodes also includes a lot of nodes that automatically perform common tedious tasks like repeating elements at the tile edges to make the pattern seamless, or randomizing different aspects (like color, position, rotation, etc.) of the elements in a pattern to give it a little more life. Finally, when you're done you can simply copy the pattern tile into whatever illustration or graphics application you use, or export it either as vector graphics or a bitmap image file. Animations can be exported as GIF, QuickTime MOV or numbered PNG or JPG files
What's New:Version 2.3.0:
Changes and improvements:
- Greatly improved performance especially for working with animations and files with many elements.
- New Plateau Animated value function making it easier to make interesting animations where a value transitions between two constant levels.
- New Randomize Deep Change option in Group Randomize and Randomize Color nodes for applying individual changes to all sub elements without needing to flatten the group first.
- You can now rename Color nodes just like Value nodes.
- New setting for default new document size.
- New setting to include a set of default nodes or not in new documents.
- Improvements to editing values of linked node parameters.
- Connection context menu now shows total number of sub elements in multi-level groups.
- Fullscreen preview being incorrectly scaled on retina screens.
- A potential hang when importing some legacy Patternodes 1 files.
- Long delay when closing files with a lot of pattern elements.
- Importing legacy Patternodes 1 files Randomize and Randomize Color nodes.
- Improved performance importing legacy Patternodes 1 files.
- A bug where the bottom pattern preview view would be the wrong size after closing the separate preview panel.
- A bug where drag offset markers wouldn't be properly updated when opening or closing the separate preview panel.
- Incorrect total update times in the render info panel.
- Title: Patternodes 2.3.2
- Developer: lost minds
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 23.08 MB