Application Wizard 4.0
Application Wizard provides fast access to applications, documents, folders, and disks. It lets you quickly open, quit, and make applications active, run AppleScripts, and reduce screen clutter by turning on single-application mode.
With Application Wizard you can also browse volumes and favorite folders to quickly open enclosed items, eject and mount disks, check memory usage, and to easily access recent documents and contacts. Finally, Application Wizard lets you preview images, music, movies, and documents, and view file properties and metadata.
- The Application Wizard background-only application has been rewritten so that Application Wizard is now fully 64-bit.
- The incompatibilities with macOS 10.14 Mojave have been solved.
- On Mojave, support for Dark Mode has been introduced. In addition to that, on macOS 10.13 or earlier, the Application Wizard menus are now dark when the "Use dark menu bar and Dock" option in the General pane of System Preferences is selected.
- Support for Retina displays has been introduced.
- The incompatibilities with APFS volumes have been solved. In addition to that, the Special menu now also indicates the format of volumes and the number of ejectable partitions on external disks containing the startup volume is now correctly calculated.
- Previews have been fully revised.
- The appearance of previews has been revised and their maximum size has been increased to 800 pixels.
- Previews are now always opaque, no matter whether menus are opaque or transparent.
- Previews of high resolution images now display a spinning progress indicator while files are loaded.
- Actual-size previews of text files can now be scrolled vertically to view their entire content.
- Previews of audio and video files can now be paused and resumed, and have a progress circle.
- The More Info submenu of audio file previews displays additional information (work, movement, lyrics).
- The Share submenu and the Set Desktop Picture command have been reintroduced. The Add to Aperture and Add to iPhoto commands are now included in the Share submenu.
- To show the Move to Trash and Copy to Desktop commands, you need now to hold down the Control key while displaying a preview.
- Slideshows of images has been revised and now use Quick Look.
- Some minor bugs related to Quick Look previews have been fixed.
- Contacts has been fully revised.
- The Contacts submenu now separately lists all your contacts, contacts on your Mac, contacts from Internet accounts (iCloud for instance), and contacts in groups and smart groups. In addition to that, contacts are now grouped by letter.
- The appearance of cards has been fully revised. In addition to that, cards belonging to the same contact may now display different information depending on whether they are located on your Mac, kept in an Internet account, or listed in the All Contacts submenu.
- International phone numbers and postal addresses are now correctly formatted. In addition to that, the appearance of large type phone numbers has been revised.
- The Open in Maps/Open in Google Maps and Copy Map URL/Copy Google Maps URL commands now correctly support addresses with accented or non-Latin characters.
- The More Info submenu now also indicates lunar birthdays.
- The Open menu now displays a spinning progress indicator while searching for applications and scripts in big folders.
- The Special menu now displays a spinning progress indicator while searching the contents of a smart folder.
- The Login Window command in the Special menu has been replaced by the Lock Screen command.
- After a clean installation, Application Wizard now comes with the following predefined groups: Internet and Communication, iWork, Productivity, and (if Xcode is installed) Development.
- All numbers are now displayed using the format specified in the Language & Region pane of System Preferences.
- Several minor interface improvements has been introduced in the Application Wizard preference pane.
- The automatic update of paths when applications added to groups or items added to menus are moved or renamed has been restored.
- A bug that could cause some background-only processes (e.g. universalaccessd) to be listed among the running applications in the Quit and Switch menus has been fixed.
- A bug that caused the Special menu not to display application tags has been fixed.
- A bug that caused the background of the menu panel not to change on macOS 10.11 when the "Use dark menu bar and Dock" option was selected has been fixed.
- Several other minor fixes and improvements have bee introduced.
- Minimum required system version is now macOS 10.11.
- Title: Application Wizard 4.0
- Developer: MaBaSoft
- Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by The Shark
- Size: 6.29 MB