Meta helps you manage your ever-growing digital music collection. Use it to easily edit information such as a song's artist, title, album, album cover, etc. It supports editing of most audio formats such as MP3, MP4, M4A, FLAC, Ogg, OGA, SPX, WAV, AIFF, and a variety of metadata formats including ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, Vorbis comments, and APE tags.
- A polished, intuitive user interface that adopts OS X's standards
- Write metadata to multiple files at once (Batch Tag Editing)
- Remove all metadata from files (Strip Tags)
- Change typecase (capitalise, upper/lowercase, titlecase), strip underscores
- Rename files based on their metadata or instead, convert filenames to metadata
- Find and Replace characters, words, or strings in metadata, with support for regular expressions (patterns)
- Add selected tracks to iTunes, or refresh their metadata using a simple keyboard shortcut
- Automatically generate track numbers
- Benefit from built in file management operations (Move, Delete, Reveal in Finder)
- Interface is compatible with Retina displays
Album covers can easily be set or exported via drag-and-drop, and it is possible to configure Meta so that it scales, crops, and compresses images each time a new image is set, so as to keep your audio files' size to a minimum.
- Added completions for the 'Grouping' tag, using iTunes data.
- Added the ability to String-Transform all of a file's metadata at once (context menu & edit menu)
- Added the ability to batch-copy read-only attributes
- Added the ability to batch-copy some attributes' "raw" value (offered when pressing the option-key)
- New 'Edit in List / View in List (alternate)' entries in the tag context menus of the sidebar
- There is no more lag when selecting a big amount of files. (Previously had to wait 40s when selecting ~500 files. Now selection is instantaneous even with a load of ~3000 Files on a classic Hard Disk Drive).
- Column customization menu: All visible columns are now initially part of the menu, for faster de-selection.
- Added Some Missing Translations.
- Fixed a bug which could cause clearing tags to fail.