Mac OS X Yosemite Tips and Tricks
Get the most from your Mac with these fun productivity-enhancing tips and tricks for Yosemite, the latest version of Mac OS X, which works some of its most impressive magic with the assistance of iOS and iCloud. Macworld senior editor Chris Breen reveals great tips for streamlining the interface and clearing SSD space, as well as neat Spotlight tricks for performing simple math and exploring the world beyond your hard drive.
The course also covers automating repetitive tasks with Automator and recording your Mac or iOS device's screen with QuickTime. Need help with basic housekeeping tasks? Chris dives into the utilities that help you resize disk partitions, create encrypted images, recover passwords, and more. The course concludes with great tips on efficiently using email and iCloud.
- Cleaning up the Mac OS X interface
- Using AirDrop to move files between your Mac and iOS device
- Extending Spotlight's reach
- Converting imported images with Automator
- Controlling your Mac with your voice
- Capturing screenshots and recording your screen with QuickTime
- Creating encrypted images
- Recovering passwords
- Archiving email
- Sending large email attachments with Mail Drop
- Working with iCloud