Boxy: email client for "Inbox by Gmail" 1.2
Boxy is the first Mac client for Inbox by Gmail, built to support every Inbox feature, and to be fast and reliable, with a sleek interface that fits OS X and looks familiar to Inbox users. The app is designed by Fabrizio Rinaldi and developed by Francesco Di Lorenzo.
What makes Boxy an amazing email client?
- Modern, clean, responsive interface
- Multiple accounts and multiple windows support
- Reader Mode, for an awesome email reading experience
- Multiple Themes. Choose between Light, White, Dark and Black
- Native OS X notifications with avatars and Dock icon badge
- Markdown support in the email composer
- You can make it your default email client
- Full screen and split screen support
- Menubar icon, colored blue to indicate new unread emails
- VIM and OS X style shortcuts support
- Full screen email composer
- Hide attachments preview and email previews to make your Inbox cleaner
- Option for bigger/smaller font size
- Spell check while typing and emoji support
- Drafts sync, start writing on Boxy e continue on mobile or web
- Safe and super lightweight
- Retina ready and built for El Capitan
- Regular free updates
- New Black Theme - We’ve been working hard on this one, we can’t wait to know what you think.
- Mailto: link handling is back! - Click on an email link in a browser or other app to compose a new email with Boxy. To use this feature head to Boxy's Preferences and follow the instructions.
- Avatar pictures in notifications - We check Gravatar and websites' favicons to see if an email sender has an avatar or logo, and if we find one we display it in Boxy’s native notifications.
- Reader Mode controls - Hovering controls to quickly take action on emails from the Reader Mode (you can also use shortcuts).
- Faster loading times! - This makes a big difference especially on slow connections.
- New accessibility features - Users with alternative input devices rejoice! You can enable scrollbars in-app if you need them.
- Emoji shortcut - The emoji system shortcut Ctrl+Cmd+Spacebar is now working in the email composer! We always supported Emoji but they weren’t very accessible. Now they are, have fun!
- Lots of UI tweaks and bug fixes
- Reader mode quits when a message is archived/deleted
- More reliable refresh (Cmd+Shift+R)
- Minimal Theme is not White Theme and it’s slightly translucent
- More stability, especially on weak networks
- App menu tweaks and additions