BookMacster is a bookmarks manager for your Mac, which plays nicely with iCloud, Sign In to Chrome, and Firefox Sync. It can be used in three ways, or all three:
- Manage Browser Bookmarks. Add alphabetizing and tagging. Verify, fix dupes, consolidate.
- Cross-Browser Syncing. Sync bookmarks of Safari Firefox, Chrome, and more among all your devices.
- Directly. Keep your bookmarks in one central store, accessible within web browsers.
- Compatible with iCloud's Safari syncing, Google Chrome's Sign In, and Firefox Sync. Bookmarks added to Safari from BookMacster on your Mac will sync via iCloud to Safari on iOS devices.
- Import/export with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, iCab, Opera 11-12, Roccat, Pinboard, Delicious, Diigo, and OmniWeb.
- Easily organize with Tags, Hierarchy, or both.
- Verifies bookmarks, fixes redirects and duplicates.
- Sort (alphabetize) automatically when bookmarks are changed. You control which folders you want to be sorted or not sorted, how to sort them.
- Supports multiple User Profiles in Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Scriptable to collect new bookmarks from NetNewsWire or similar apps.
- Now correctly detects installation of our extensions in current versions of Chrome, Canary, Chromium, Opera, and Vivaldi, eliminating false warnings that they are not installed when they are.
- When performing a manual export using the menu command File > Export to only >, the sheet which appears now offers an option to not launch the browser to coordinate syncing, and the sheet is easier to read.
- If export to Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi or Opera while browser is running contains too many changes for these browsers to comfortably accept, now gives a pre-flight indication and workaround (to quit the browser and retry), instead of failing with an incorrect explanation.
- Restored capability to install extensions into Vivaldi and Opera, which was broken in version 2.3.
- No longer stalls our new Firefox extension when exporting bookmarks whose attributes contain some corruption such as ASCII control characters. (Before exporting to Firefox or Chrome while Firefox or Chrome are running, now removes any zero-width control or illegal characters which cause Firefox’ new WebExtensions bookmarks API to choke. Their old API did not seem to mind.)
- Added new section 188.8.131.52: Mapping Illustration - What Goes Where to Help Book.
- More meaningful message presented with Error 453973.