BookMacster is a bookmarks manager for your Mac, which plays nicely with iCloud, Sign In to Chrome, and Firefox Sync. It can be used in three ways, or all three:
- Manage Browser Bookmarks. Add alphabetizing and tagging. Verify, fix dupes, consolidate.
- Cross-Browser Syncing. Sync bookmarks of Safari Firefox, Chrome, and more among all your devices.
- Directly. Keep your bookmarks in one central store, accessible within web browsers.
- Compatible with iCloud's Safari syncing, Google Chrome's Sign In, and Firefox Sync. Bookmarks added to Safari from BookMacster on your Mac will sync via iCloud to Safari on iOS devices.
- Import/export with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, iCab, Opera 11-12, Roccat, Pinboard, Delicious, Diigo, and OmniWeb.
- Easily organize with Tags, Hierarchy, or both.
- Verifies bookmarks, fixes redirects and duplicates.
- Sort (alphabetize) automatically when bookmarks are changed. You control which folders you want to be sorted or not sorted, how to sort them.
- Supports multiple User Profiles in Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Scriptable to collect new bookmarks from NetNewsWire or similar apps.
What's New:Version 2.4.9:
- No longer fails, falsely claiming that our Sync extension is not installed, when exporting to Firefox 55 while Firefox 55 is running.
- If the Logs database file is corrupt, will not delete the file and start a new one.
- Before exporting to Safari, if iCloud syncing is in use, now checks all folders to ensure that none contain more than 500 items and, if so, fails. The Help button in the error opens an explanation which has a link to Apple documentation stating that iCloud may misbehave if you put more than 500 items in a single folder.
- Improved wording of instructions for installing extensions into browsers with multiple profiles.
- Fixed bug which disallowed drops of text strings from other applications (to create new bookmarks) into empty folders.
- When dropping tab-return text strings from other applications (to create new bookmarks), no longer creates an extra untitled bookmark with no URL if the text string ends in a newline.
- When pasting tab-return text strings from other applications (to create new bookmarks), now accepts multiple items in the special tab-return format, same as when drag-and-dropping.
- When adding a new bookmark from another application, or creating one from scratch using the Add action button, the Undo action in the Edit menu is now indicated as Undo Insert… instead of Undo Move….
- Fixes some inefficiency when exporting to Safari. (When exporting to Safari 11, no longer unnecessarily writes Changes to the file if iCloud is not in use. When running this version for the first time, checks for and removes any such Changes, which may still be present for users who do not regularly add or otherwise change bookmarks within Safari. This is a continuoation of the change for Safari 11.0 which we made in version 2.4.8.)