DropDMG allows users to quickly create .dmg archives.
Disk images pack entire folders or disks into a single compressed file, either for transport across the Internet or simply for backup. They are Apple's preferred format for distributing Mac software. Disk images are also the only archive format whose contents you can directly access in the Finder.
DropDMG is the easiest way to create Mac OS X disk images, as well as cross-platform archives. Just drag and drop a folder or file and you're done. Or, you can drag an existing disk image or archive onto DropDMG to convert it to any of the other supported formats or to burn it to CD or DVD.
DropDMG supports advanced options such as encrypted and segmented disk images, WYSIWYG layout with background pictures and custom volume icons, and rich-text license agreements in multiple languages. There are many time-saving features, and it can also be automated via AppleScript, the command-line, and Automator.
- The Create macOS Install Disk command can now create a bootable install disk on a hard drive, USB stick, SD card, or disk image. This makes it easy to create test macOS installations from downloaded installers, reinstall the OS, repair your Mac’s drive, or restore from a backup. (Previously, the Create macOS Install Disk command handled burning OS installers to DVD.)
- Disk image layouts now support the 96×96 icon size.
- DropDMG is now compatible with beta versions of macOS 10.13 High Sierra. In particular, there were a bunch of changes to APFS that prevented previous versions of DropDMG from working properly.
- Made some changes to the New Blank Disk Image… interface and documentation to reflect the current status of APFS.
- Worked around some bugs in macOS 10.13 that could cause errors when creating a disk image with a layout. It is possible that the window’s status bar and toolbar will not be correctly hidden, but at least now you can create images.
- Added the How can I back up my DropDMG data? section of the manual.
- Made various improvements to the diagnostic reporter.
- Title: DropDMG 3.5
- Developer: C-Command Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: Multilangual
- Includes: Pre-K'ed
- Size: 21.36 MB