DropDMG allows users to quickly create .dmg archives.
Disk images pack entire folders or disks into a single compressed file, either for transport across the Internet or simply for backup. They are Apple's preferred format for distributing Mac software. Disk images are also the only archive format whose contents you can directly access in the Finder.
DropDMG is the easiest way to create Mac OS X disk images, as well as cross-platform archives. Just drag and drop a folder or file and you're done. Or, you can drag an existing disk image or archive onto DropDMG to convert it to any of the other supported formats or to burn it to CD or DVD.
DropDMG supports advanced options such as encrypted and segmented disk images, WYSIWYG layout with background pictures and custom volume icons, and rich-text license agreements in multiple languages. There are many time-saving features, and it can also be automated via AppleScript, the command-line, and Automator.
What's New:Version 3.5.9:
- Worked around a bug in macOS 10.15 that could prevent a custom volume icon from being saved.
- Worked around a bug in macOS 10.15 that prevented the Set Passphrase… sheet from working from within the New Blank Disk Image… panel.
- Worked around a bug in macOS 10.15 that prevented licenses from being removed when converting a disk image using license None.
- Worked around a macOS bug that could prevent DropDMG from launching after you used AirPlay.
- Worked around a macOS bug that could cause the Command-line tool to fail with error Killed: 9 after being updated to a new version until the Mac was restarted.
- Fixed a bug where the passphrase sheet could be stretched vertically.
- Modernized the localizations.
- Title: DropDMG 3.5.9
- Developer: C-Command Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: Multilangual
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 18.45 MB