DropDMG allows users to quickly create .dmg archives.
Disk images pack entire folders or disks into a single compressed file, either for transport across the Internet or simply for backup. They are Apple's preferred format for distributing Mac software. Disk images are also the only archive format whose contents you can directly access in the Finder.
DropDMG is the easiest way to create Mac OS X disk images, as well as cross-platform archives. Just drag and drop a folder or file and you're done. Or, you can drag an existing disk image or archive onto DropDMG to convert it to any of the other supported formats or to burn it to CD or DVD.
DropDMG supports advanced options such as encrypted and segmented disk images, WYSIWYG layout with background pictures and custom volume icons, and rich-text license agreements in multiple languages. There are many time-saving features, and it can also be automated via AppleScript, the command-line, and Automator.
- The New Blank Disk Image command now supports case-insensitive APFS (requires macOS 10.12.4 or later). This can be used for testing Mac apps on a file system that is Unicode normalization-preserving, but not normalization-sensitive.
- The Save Diagnostic Report… command in the Help menu now works with all versions of macOS that DropDMG supports.
- Made the task code more robust.
- Made various internal code modernizations.
- Documentation and Help menu links to c-command.com now use https instead of http.
- Updated the Japanese localization.
Improved the following sections of the manual:
- Create macOS Install Disk
- Making Images With Background Pictures