DropDMG allows users to quickly create .dmg archives.
Disk images pack entire folders or disks into a single compressed file, either for transport across the Internet or simply for backup. They are Apple's preferred format for distributing Mac software. Disk images are also the only archive format whose contents you can directly access in the Finder.
DropDMG is the easiest way to create Mac OS X disk images, as well as cross-platform archives. Just drag and drop a folder or file and you're done. Or, you can drag an existing disk image or archive onto DropDMG to convert it to any of the other supported formats or to burn it to CD or DVD.
DropDMG supports advanced options such as encrypted and segmented disk images, WYSIWYG layout with background pictures and custom volume icons, and rich-text license agreements in multiple languages. There are many time-saving features, and it can also be automated via AppleScript, the command-line, and Automator.
- Worked around a bug in macOS 10.12.2 that caused a garbage character to be displayed in various pop-up menus
- DropDMG no longer posts to Notification Center for operations that complete less than a minute after being queued; this should help make sure that the banners/alerts that you do see are genuinely useful
- Made some changes to reduce the time it takes to open the Preferences window
- Logging is more robust on macOS 10.12
- Updated the German localization