Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.15
Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you're under deadline to finish a project: your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you'd spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your data and the operating system's data are all preserved on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moment's notice. When disaster strikes, simply boot from your backup and get back to using your Mac. At your convenience, replace the failed hard drive and then let CCC restore the OS, your data and your settings directly from the backup in one easy step.
Any backup application can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productivity too!
- Compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Redesigned, one-window interface
- Edit scheduled tasks
- Menubar application
- Task history
- Simple view mode
- Chain tasks together
- Run tasks only on weekdays or weekends
- Task collision detection (prevent two tasks from writing to the same destination simultaneously)
- Choose to run backups only when connected to a power source
- Administrators authenticate only once, ever
- Customizable email notifications
- Command line application
- Visual quickstart guides
- Bootable backups
- Smart updates
- Run backups on a schedule
- Back up to locally attached volumes
- Back up to network volumes
- Clone a Recovery HD
- Household license
- Disk Center
- Archive changed and deleted items
- Tasks run automatically, even if you are not logged in
- Back up to another Mac
- Pre- and post-flight scripts
- Custom filters
- Cloning coach with timely troubleshooting advice
- Available in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
Version 4.1.15 (4548):
- Addressed another bug introduced by the 10.12.5 update that led to a harmless message getting interpreted as an error during the "Rebuilding Kernel Extension Cache" phase of bootable backup tasks.
- Minor updates to the Spanish localization of CCC.
- Added a "Show Task History" option to the Tasks contextual menu.
- When creating a new disk image, CCC now applies more liberal access privileges to the root folder of the new disk image volume. Also corrected a permissions issue that caused startup problems when attempting to boot from a restored disk image.
- The Task History window's filter criteria are now cleared when closing the window to avoid having them applied when opening the window in a different context (leading the user to believe that no task events have occurred recently, for example).