Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.13
Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you're under deadline to finish a project: your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you'd spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your data and the operating system's data are all preserved on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moment's notice. When disaster strikes, simply boot from your backup and get back to using your Mac. At your convenience, replace the failed hard drive and then let CCC restore the OS, your data and your settings directly from the backup in one easy step.
Any backup application can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productivity too!
- Compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Redesigned, one-window interface
- Edit scheduled tasks
- Menubar application
- Task history
- Simple view mode
- Chain tasks together
- Run tasks only on weekdays or weekends
- Task collision detection (prevent two tasks from writing to the same destination simultaneously)
- Choose to run backups only when connected to a power source
- Administrators authenticate only once, ever
- Customizable email notifications
- Command line application
- Visual quickstart guides
- Bootable backups
- Smart updates
- Run backups on a schedule
- Back up to locally attached volumes
- Back up to network volumes
- Clone a Recovery HD
- Household license
- Disk Center
- Archive changed and deleted items
- Tasks run automatically, even if you are not logged in
- Back up to another Mac
- Pre- and post-flight scripts
- Custom filters
- Cloning coach with timely troubleshooting advice
- Available in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
Version 4.1.13 (4496)
- Addressed an issue in which CCC was unable to save passwords to its keychain after migrating the CCC configuration from another Mac.
- Fixed an issue in which CCC would periodically report that a task could not complete due to minor filesystem inconsistencies.
- Fixed an issue in which a scheduled task could resurrect itself if the user deleted it while it was running.
- Addressed a Sierra-specific issue in which CCC would not recognize a freshly-created recovery volume due to it being named incorrectly by Disk Utility.
- Implemented a workaround for cases where CCC's privileged helper tool is installed but disabled by the system.
- We've received a couple reports of Sierra systems errantly setting the date forward to 2040, then immediately back to a sane value just a couple seconds later. Previously CCC would reschedule its tasks forward to 2040 in response to the clock change, but then not backwards to a sane time (because time isn't supposed to go backwards, right?). This version of CCC now implements a sanity check to avoid rescheduling tasks that far into the future.
- Packet corruption that causes the connection to a remote Mac to be terminated is now handled more gracefully. CCC will now automatically restart the backup task.