Carbon Copy Cloner 5.1.1 (5406)
Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you're under deadline to finish a project: your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you'd spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your data and the operating system's data are all preserved on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moment's notice. When disaster strikes, simply boot from your backup and get back to using your Mac. At your convenience, replace the failed hard drive and then let CCC restore the OS, your data and your settings directly from the backup in one easy step.
Any backup application can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productivity too!
- Compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Redesigned, one-window interface
- Edit scheduled tasks
- Menubar application
- Task history
- Simple view mode
- Chain tasks together
- Run tasks only on weekdays or weekends
- Task collision detection (prevent two tasks from writing to the same destination simultaneously)
- Choose to run backups only when connected to a power source
- Administrators authenticate only once, ever
- Customizable email notifications
- Command line application
- Visual quickstart guides
- Bootable backups
- Smart updates
- Run backups on a schedule
- Back up to locally attached volumes
- Back up to network volumes
- Clone a Recovery HD
- Household license
- Disk Center
- Archive changed and deleted items
- Tasks run automatically, even if you are not logged in
- Back up to another Mac
- Pre- and post-flight scripts
- Custom filters
- Cloning coach with timely troubleshooting advice
- Available in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
What's New:Version 5.1:
- Added support for creating a snapshot on an APFS-formatted source at the beginning of the backup task. This snapshot is then mounted and used as the source for copying files. By using a read-only volume as the source, we avoid rare, but potential conflicts that can occur during the backup task if files are modified while being copied.
- CCC's SafetyNet feature is now built on top of APFS snapshots when the destination is an APFS volume and snapshot support is enabled for that volume.
- CCC will create a snapshot on APFS destination volumes at the end of a backup task to establish a point-in-time restore point.
- CCC offers a highly-tunable snapshot retention policy that allows you to define how long snapshots will be retained (hourly, daily, weekly), and also allows you to define a minimum amount of free space to retain on the volume.
- CCC's Disk Center offers detailed insight into the snapshots that CCC and Time Machine have created on your APFS volumes. Quickly see how much space those snapshots are consuming, and delete one or many snapshots with the press of a button.
- Title: Carbon Copy Cloner 5.1.1 (5406)
- Developer: Bombich Software, Inc
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later
- Language: English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Includes: K'ed by The Shark
- Size: 18.93 MB