Carbon Copy Cloner 5.1.11 (5795)
Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you're under deadline to finish a project: your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you'd spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your data and the operating system's data are all preserved on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moment's notice. When disaster strikes, simply boot from your backup and get back to using your Mac. At your convenience, replace the failed hard drive and then let CCC restore the OS, your data and your settings directly from the backup in one easy step.
Any backup application can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productivity too!
- Compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Redesigned, one-window interface
- Edit scheduled tasks
- Menubar application
- Task history
- Simple view mode
- Chain tasks together
- Run tasks only on weekdays or weekends
- Task collision detection (prevent two tasks from writing to the same destination simultaneously)
- Choose to run backups only when connected to a power source
- Administrators authenticate only once, ever
- Customizable email notifications
- Command line application
- Visual quickstart guides
- Bootable backups
- Smart updates
- Run backups on a schedule
- Back up to locally attached volumes
- Back up to network volumes
- Clone a Recovery HD
- Household license
- Disk Center
- Archive changed and deleted items
- Tasks run automatically, even if you are not logged in
- Back up to another Mac
- Pre- and post-flight scripts
- Custom filters
- Cloning coach with timely troubleshooting advice
- Available in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
What's New:Version 5.1.11:
- An issue in which you'd be prevented from backing up to a new disk image stored on the startup disk.
- The "Open Disk Utility" and "Open Terminal" menu items in the Utilities menu for Catalina users.
- Fixed some quirky behavior of the email password text field in the Preferences window.
- An edge case in which CCC would errantly report that it was unable to bless the destination because it's in the same APFS container as the current startup disk.
- A couple errant Cloning Coach messages.
- A race condition that could cause the CCC User Agent to lost its connection to CCC's privileged helper tool after applying an update to CCC. This would lead to an empty task list in the CCC menubar, a lack of task started/finished notifications, and a failure to present the mini task progress window.
- An issue in which CCC would not create the APFS helper partitions on an APFS destination when restoring from an HFS+ volume, resulting in a non-bootable volume.
- Relaxed the restriction related to cloning a newer OS than what the Mac is currently booted from. CCC issues a warning, indicates clearly that the destination may not be bootable, but now you're welcome to proceed in this scenario if you have a particular need to create a non-bootable backup of the source system.
- Title: Carbon Copy Cloner 5.1.11 (5795)
- Developer: Bombich Software, Inc
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later
- Language: English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Includes: K'ed by The Shark
- Size: 32.6 MB