Carbon Copy Cloner 5.1.7 (5627)
Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you're under deadline to finish a project: your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you'd spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your data and the operating system's data are all preserved on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moment's notice. When disaster strikes, simply boot from your backup and get back to using your Mac. At your convenience, replace the failed hard drive and then let CCC restore the OS, your data and your settings directly from the backup in one easy step.
Any backup application can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productivity too!
- Compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Redesigned, one-window interface
- Edit scheduled tasks
- Menubar application
- Task history
- Simple view mode
- Chain tasks together
- Run tasks only on weekdays or weekends
- Task collision detection (prevent two tasks from writing to the same destination simultaneously)
- Choose to run backups only when connected to a power source
- Administrators authenticate only once, ever
- Customizable email notifications
- Command line application
- Visual quickstart guides
- Bootable backups
- Smart updates
- Run backups on a schedule
- Back up to locally attached volumes
- Back up to network volumes
- Clone a Recovery HD
- Household license
- Disk Center
- Archive changed and deleted items
- Tasks run automatically, even if you are not logged in
- Back up to another Mac
- Pre- and post-flight scripts
- Custom filters
- Cloning coach with timely troubleshooting advice
- Available in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
What's New:Version 5.1.7:
- CCC will now proactively warn about configurations specific to T2 Macs that will produce non-bootable results, and configurations that will lead to problems with enabling encryption or modifying Startup Security settings.
- Addressed an issue in which a Mojave-running remote Macintosh would fail (inconsistently) to correctly validate the code signature of CCC's file copier, thus causing backups to the remote Mac to fail.
- Apple cache files that have been found to degrade task performance are now excluded from backup tasks by default.
- CCC can now distinguish between a volume that is encrypted vs. a volume that has FileVault enabled. This is a subtle difference that is only apparent on T2-based Macs. CCC will no longer ask for a password for encrypted volumes that are not FileVault protected.
- The "Shut down if previously off" setting is now allowed on a non-scheduled task as long as that task is part of a scheduled group.
- Improved compatibility with VeraCrypt volumes.
- Title: Carbon Copy Cloner 5.1.7 (5627)
- Developer: Bombich Software, Inc
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later
- Language: English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Includes: K'ed by The Shark
- Size: 26.07 MB