Carbon Copy Cloner 5.1.9
Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you're under deadline to finish a project: your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you'd spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your data and the operating system's data are all preserved on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moment's notice. When disaster strikes, simply boot from your backup and get back to using your Mac. At your convenience, replace the failed hard drive and then let CCC restore the OS, your data and your settings directly from the backup in one easy step.
Any backup application can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productivity too!
- Compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Redesigned, one-window interface
- Edit scheduled tasks
- Menubar application
- Task history
- Simple view mode
- Chain tasks together
- Run tasks only on weekdays or weekends
- Task collision detection (prevent two tasks from writing to the same destination simultaneously)
- Choose to run backups only when connected to a power source
- Administrators authenticate only once, ever
- Customizable email notifications
- Command line application
- Visual quickstart guides
- Bootable backups
- Smart updates
- Run backups on a schedule
- Back up to locally attached volumes
- Back up to network volumes
- Clone a Recovery HD
- Household license
- Disk Center
- Archive changed and deleted items
- Tasks run automatically, even if you are not logged in
- Back up to another Mac
- Pre- and post-flight scripts
- Custom filters
- Cloning coach with timely troubleshooting advice
- Available in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
What's New:Version 5.1.9:
- Fixed an issue that could lead CCC to incorrectly conclude that a GoogleDrive volume is not mounted or present.
- Improved disk read/write rate calculations for APFS Fusion volumes.
- Minor adjustment to the analysis of permissions errors that occur when trying to access OneDrive placeholder files.
- We've received several reports of long stalls in the "Cleaning up" phase when backing up to a disk image; particularly when that disk image resides on a NAS volume. In most cases this was the result of a filesystem stall while the filesystem was attempting to create a snapshot. Snapshot support is now disabled by default for CCC-created APFS-formatted disk images. You're welcome to enable snapshot support on a disk image manually if you prefer that; double-click the disk image to mount it, then click on the mounted disk image volume in CCC's sidebar to manage the snapshot creation and retention preferences for that volume.
- Minor adjustment to the handling of locked files when trying to create hard links.
- Fixed an edge case in which the "Secure CCC's Scripts Folder" function was not removing non-root-user write privileges on shell scripts.
- The task history sort attribute is now retained as a preference.
- Title: Carbon Copy Cloner 5.1.9
- Developer: Bombich Software, Inc
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later
- Language: English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Includes: K'ed by The Shark
- Size: 32.22 MB