Carbon Copy Cloner 188.8.131.5227
Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you're under deadline to finish a project: your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you'd spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your data and the operating system's data are all preserved on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moment's notice. When disaster strikes, simply boot from your backup and get back to using your Mac. At your convenience, replace the failed hard drive and then let CCC restore the OS, your data and your settings directly from the backup in one easy step.
Any backup application can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productivity too!
- Compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Redesigned, one-window interface
- Edit scheduled tasks
- Menubar application
- Task history
- Simple view mode
- Chain tasks together
- Run tasks only on weekdays or weekends
- Task collision detection (prevent two tasks from writing to the same destination simultaneously)
- Choose to run backups only when connected to a power source
- Administrators authenticate only once, ever
- Customizable email notifications
- Command line application
- Visual quickstart guides
- Bootable backups
- Smart updates
- Run backups on a schedule
- Back up to locally attached volumes
- Back up to network volumes
- Clone a Recovery HD
- Household license
- Disk Center
- Archive changed and deleted items
- Tasks run automatically, even if you are not logged in
- Back up to another Mac
- Pre- and post-flight scripts
- Custom filters
- Cloning coach with timely troubleshooting advice
- Available in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
What's New:Version 5.1.19:
- This update addresses a handful of failure conditions of Apple's APFS replication utility which CCC is using temporarily in response to a bug that Apple introduced in macOS 10.15.5. We have also improved the task configuration workflow for new backup tasks, and we've added some documentation around this functionality: Cloning macOS System volumes with Apple Software Restore, Creating and restoring data-only backups, Troubleshooting APFS Replication.
- Orphaned System volumes are now handled more proactively when selected as a source or destination. Orphaned System volumes arise when you either delete or erase the "Backup - Data" volume in Disk Utility without deleting/erasing the whole volume group when prompted. System volumes are unsuitable for user data, but some folks manage to get data onto them anyway (it doesn't help that Finder allows you to copy data to them). CCC can now help you migrate content from an orphaned System volume source, and will insist that you erase an orphaned System destination before proceeding with a task.
- CCC no longer excludes 1Password by default. We added the exclusion in light of a recommendation by the folks at Agile software, however we got some feedback that people would prefer to exclude this manually, if at all.
- The Backblaze ".bzvol" folder is now removed from the root of the destination volumes at the end of an initial APFS replication. This should resolve issues in which Backblaze has identification sisues after an initial clone is performed.
- Title: Carbon Copy Cloner 184.108.40.20627
- Developer: Bombich Software, Inc
- Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later
- Language: English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Includes: K'ed by HCiSO
- Size: 14.76 MB