When using the Photos app to organize photos on your Mac, PowerPhotos allows you to break your photos up among multiple Photos libraries, rather than having to store all of your photos in one giant library. You can easily switch between libraries, or just browse the photos in your libraries directly from PowerPhotos, without having to open each library in Photos. PowerPhotos also supports searching across all your libraries at once to help track down a particular photo.
If you use iCloud Photo Library to sync photos with your other devices, splitting up your library can help save on iCloud storage costs. Use a single library to hold a smaller collection that you sync with iCloud, while keeping the bulk of your photos in separate libraries so they don't take up space on iCloud.
PowerPhotos can analyze your libraries for duplicate photos, showing them to you side by side and letting you get rid of extra copies of photos that you no longer need.
- Improved recognition of default Photos library on non-English systems
- Improved recognition of migrated iPhoto libraries on non-English systems
- Improved recognition of new library when migrating an iPhoto library for a second time
- Improved recognizing the resulting migrated library when original iPhoto library had no file extension
- Fixed a bug in the migration assistant where a library could be shown as "In Progress" after quitting and relauching PowerPhotos
- We now allow choosing an iPhoto library in the "Add Library" window, but explain that it needs to be migrated to Photos first
- Fixed a crash caused by trying to display certain PICT files in the photo browser
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to view certain libraries
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to copy an album between libraries
- Fixed an issue displaying some libraries created on macOS 10.2.2 or later
- Clarified error message shown when a library can't be displayed because there is ongoing background face/object recognition
- When renaming a library, we can now present an option to rename it on disk at the same time
- Fixed an issue that would prevent a log file from being created if its name was too long
- We now display the correct icon for the new "Depth Effect" special album